Why become a member? ×

Serious (and I do mean serious) problems with musicman neck...

NURZE

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1360079556' post='1964498']
At that price I'm pretty sure that is a Made In Korea budget line Warwick bass . The EBMM is the made in the U.S.A premium line , so it's not really a fair comparison . If you compare the eye - watering prices of the ( often very lovely ) German - made Warwick basses to even the more expensive EBMM models then MM20's point about the relative cost of the two brands is a valid one , although personally I am scheptical that Warwick or most other companies ( with notable exceptions , I hasten to add ) would behave much differently to EBMM in the same situation as the O.P .
[/quote]

This is where I was coming from. A real German Warwick, eg a 5 string Corvette/Streamer, used to be around £1400, (heck, I got one cheaper about 2 years back). Now, how expensive are they? I mean...we are talking £2000+

A similar Musicman Stringray 5 HH, in normal colours, would be around £1500-1600...not far off the old Warwick prices.

I have no doubt that Warwick really are great at QC, but they have priced thereselves well out of the market for a normal bassist.

Normal bassists would say £1300 is probably expensive, so they are not going to get a new German Warwick.

It is also worth bearing in mind that Thomann are fairly expensive for EBMM's.

Unfortunately, every manufacturer is raising prices, but Warwick really have gone into Sadowsky prices now.

[quote name='lettsguitars' timestamp='1360070301' post='1964292']
This winds me up no end. Fair enough if the neck had user related problems then yes, you should buy a new neck. This neck has a ridiculous sideways bow which just shouldnt happen.
[/quote]

I'm not sure we can tell whether this is a user related problem. Nurze posted photos of the bass two years ago on the EBMM forum, which shows a twisted neck (before he was aware of it). I imagine it had the twist when he bought it from its previous owner:

Just read through thread, and i am gutted for you NURZE.

all i can say like a few others have said, now is a great time to go and get a status graphite neck and be done with it, they even offer a phenowood option for the fingerboard if you want a wood look rather than the deep black of the plain phenolic boards.

the necks are really a class above most wooden necks.

[quote name='Captain Codpiece' timestamp='1360444473' post='1970674']
Just read through thread, and i am gutted for you NURZE.

all i can say like a few others have said, now is a great time to go and get a status graphite neck and be done with it, they even offer a phenowood option for the fingerboard if you want a wood look rather than the deep black of the plain phenolic boards.

the necks are really a class above most wooden necks.
[/quote]

That's a very good idea . A Stingray with a graphite neck is an awesome prospect . The graphite neck will look fantastic on that black body , too .

Edited by Dingus