Why become a member? ×

Something good to recover cab

danthevan

[quote name='danthevan' timestamp='1358962721' post='1947769']
Hi guys,

what would you recommend to recover a 4x10 with?
Dunno what make it is, but it's damn big and heavy, covered in a horrible dark green plastic. Always used to get called the Aligator, but dunno if thats the make or what?
[/quote]
There used to be a British brand called Alligator in the late seventies/early eighties, and they were covered in green tolex. Sounds like you might have one of those.

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1358984767' post='1948276']
There used to be a British brand called Alligator in the late seventies/early eighties, and they were covered in green tolex. Sounds like you might have one of those.
[/quote]
That'll be it then, it's certainly that old.

Edit: just found a pic of one of their combo's on here, porting and grilles are identical so think you're right! Cheers for the info!

Edited by danthevan

Daft as it sounds I have used cab carpet which is pre glued like sticky back plastic , it gives a great finish and as long as you have corner protection will stay in pretty good nick . I can't remember where I got it from ATM , it is a far cry from the old Thixafix glueing method , though it was always an added bonus that with the fabric glues you could always view your finished work from the same altitude as the kite you where as high as :gas: :rolleyes: