Why become a member? ×

Shuker Satinline FS/FT

bassix

Time for another sale,

Up for sale is my Jon Shuker Satinline P/J Bass. Its an incredibly pretty bass and setup beautifully as you would expect from a handmade bass from Jon. For those unaware of this line, this was built in conjunction with Bass Gear to produce a Jon Shuker custom bass but with a set specification. Having had a discussion with Phil from Bassgear I discovered that this was the only P/J produced in this run of basses so in effect is a one off Jon Shuker special!

Condition is 9.5 out of 10 and has only been used for a handful of gigs. The hardware is black throughout and the stained orange and black wood has attracted many compliments on the attractiveness of the finish. The bass is finished with bare knuckle pickups which produce from traditional P Bass sound through to a bright tone when the Jazz pickup is enabled. The maple neck is piece of art with a Jazz profile and a smooth satin feel. The frets are in great condition and the setup is wonderfully low, so much so that it almost plays itself. Weight wise this sits at slightly over 8kg and is beautifully balanced.

With all these factors you may wonder why I am selling the bass, the fact of the matter is that I am scared to leave the bass anywhere when gigging. I will be going on tour in a couple of months and playing a number of grubby venues which given my propensity to get leathered after every gig makes me worry about the safety of the bass!

Price wise I am looking at what I paid at £695. For the quality of the worksmanship and components this is worth every penny. Trade wise I'm pretty picky, I would be interested in any Yamaha's BB range and also any MIJ Fender Precisions. Collection is preferred and can be organised from London or Brighton dependent upon the day of the week.

I think thats it, apart from the pictures! If there are any specific requests for certain pictures please let me know.

[url="http://tinypic.com/r/250hwmh/6"][/url]

I've got the original Satinline prototype (2 jazz p/ups) and can verify everything bassix says about the quality and playability.

It's also fairly simple to rout out a battery box and add a john east u-retro if you're after active electronics

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1359014728' post='1948391']
So, collection preferred, but would you courier it?
[/quote]

Having been in trade discussions with Liam, yes he was going to courier it to me, I've had to back out due to a car insurance bill arriving, I can confirm he's a total gent and really speedy on replying to pm's!

Whoever gets this will be getting a piece of Shuker history and a truly gorgeous bass!

In the original threads about these (back end of 2011) the following was said by the chappie from Bassgear:

This is a luthier-made bass for the street price of a US Fender!!!
Spacing is 100mm between the centre of each pup to the next.
Colour, Amber Tiger (2011)

I understand they were about £900 new so this is a superb price!

• 3 weeks later...