Why become a member? ×

Behringer X32 Digital Mixer

Gazm

I don't think for one minute that it does... the marketing is surely a bit deceptive though. Take the Behringer X32 product page -

[indent=1]DIGITAL MIXER X32
40-Input, 25-Bus Digital Mixing Console with 32 Programmable MIDAS Preamps, 25 Motorized Faders, Channel LCD's, FireWire/USB Audio Interface and iPad/iPhone* Remote Control[/indent]

It's clear to see in black and white, there is a claim that they are MIDAS Preamps... but further down in the description, it's watered down to[list]
[*]32 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
[/list]
Then further down -

[indent=1]When we began development on the X32, we called on our sister companies, MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK, recognized the world over for their digital consoles and EQ/FX processing, for implementation support. The programmable, high-grade mic preamps found in the X32 are based on a genuine MIDAS design, all the way down to their A/D converters.[/indent]

Now being the marketing cynic that I am, they are now a genuine MIDAS design - but that could be mean a design that wouldn't make the grade to be put in a MIDAS desk... and if it's based on a MIDAS design, I'm now more likely to believe that they have been tweaked to meet cost constraints.

It's just as well they didn't mention any MIDAS further as it could end up with... "we mentioned to MIDAS that we had built our own pres".

Marketing. A game of BS since time began.

A bit odd given the capabilities of the desk anyway.

Edited by EBS_freak

• 2 weeks later...

So here's some MP3s recorded live when we gigged with the X32 a couple of weeks ago.
Remixed the multitracks by playing back from Reaper through the X32 and using the on board effects whilst recording the mix with the built in 2 track recorder. I then converted to MP3 using Audacitiy.

I'm pleased with the results (even though there are a few mistakes in the songs), I will have to concentrate more next gig :rolleyes:

http://www.mrsmigginspieshoppe.com/mmps/Remixed/

PS. Great to see Joe on here, Behringer are being very supportive towards their X32 customers, I'm pleased after parting with my hard earned cash!

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1360081224' post='1964531']
Depends on whether or no tthey need the feature set.

I know a band with a 20K rig and a Midas Pro 1.

Just saying....
[/quote]

Have they got a van? :P

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1360142471' post='1965342']
Have they got a van? :P
[/quote]
Yeah one of those m,assive Mercedes things, its very very splendid indeed.

And yes they are all doing all right for themselves. They did a gig for the British Embassy in the Lebanon, flown out and back business class etc etc, the letter of thank you from the Embassy makes for a great testimonial on the band web page :D

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1360143679' post='1965384']
Yeah one of those m,assive Mercedes things, its very very splendid indeed.

And yes they are all doing all right for themselves. They did a gig for the British Embassy in the Lebanon, flown out and back business class etc etc, the letter of thank you from the Embassy makes for a great testimonial on the band web page :D
[/quote]

Ooh. Sprinter? Split cab?

Business Class. Cool. Good to see money being spent wisely.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1360144633' post='1965411']
on one foot.
[/quote]

The other one is still sore from kicking Bruce Lee in the face and breaking it....

Bruce Lee thought he was trying to tickle him at the time, didnt even flinch, knocked out Chuck 2 seconds later with hankie

• 1 year later...

I've just ordered an X32 Producer from a company charging the same as most peoples' +Vat prices, I hope its not too good to be true, and my credit card has just been raped!

I paid £1111 where GAK/etc are asking £1550 ish. They are offering the whole range at stupid prices until 7th March. Message me if you want details!