Why become a member? ×

SE X1 Shock Mount?

Dood

A very quick question for you knowledgeable studio types!

I'm being a bit of a cheapskate and wondered if there were a cheaper solution pop shield / shock mount / mic stand for my condenser rather than the official SE version? Are they usually a generic size?

Thanks all! Great lil Mic, I'm really impressed.

Doood

you'll get a cheap shockmount for just over a tenner from[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shock-Mount-Antishock-Anti-Vibration-Microphone-Cradle-01260-/200873081566#vi-content"] the 'bay[/url] - which will attach to most generic mic stands.

Pop shields can be made easily by stretching tights or stockings over anything vaquely circular - I've used old coat hangers, sections of drainpipe, even one of those pet frisbee rings.

As for those expensive reflexion filter screen's - just as well using a quilt propped/hung behind the mic....

Yup, it looks like the bottom of the mic is 18-19mm so it'll be a small clamp. I'll check Studio Spares out. Some of those shock mounts are really expensive! I was thinking of making my own as I have tons of that elastic stuff they use.... Boots sell it - though they prefer to call it 'hair bands'! :) heh!