Why become a member? ×

FS/FT/PX Mesa 400+ and 1516EV *BOTH NOW SOLD*

Beedster

Kinda given up gigging to focus on recording so no longer need these, despite the fact that they're my pride and joy!

Cash wise I'm looking for IRO £700 for the 400+, which is in a huge shockmount rack case, and IRO £300 for the 1516. Trades/PX/deal with cash one way or the other for an MIJ/MIA '62 RI Precision or a decent Gibson acoustic

The 400+ atop a Mesa 115 (not for sale)

Struggling to find pics of the 1516 but will find and post ASAP

Cheers

Chris

Edited by Beedster

Hi Chris,

Happy New Year and good luck with all the sales.. Hope everything is going well for you and the family over in Aberystwyth?

Must say, I've always fancied one of those 1516's, but I know it'd be overkill in most of the clubs I play in, let alone my back, so I'll pass and let Gary take over West Sussex with his Boogie cabs! :D

On another front, I know you're looking for an 'acousticy sounding acoustic' 6 string at the moment and last year, I bought a Faith Venus, which really fits the bill for me - much more organic and natural sounding than a Takamine or Ovation to my ears.. Might be worth you checking out??

All the best

Nik

[quote name='Gary Williams' timestamp='1358256418' post='1935646']
Nooooooooo don't do it Chris!

That said, I may well be interested in the 1516EV

PMd
[/quote]

Think it's already gone Gary, sorry mate. Will let you know if that changes.

C

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1358277100' post='1936229']
Hi Chris,

Happy New Year and good luck with all the sales.. Hope everything is going well for you and the family over in Aberystwyth?

Must say, I've always fancied one of those 1516's, but I know it'd be overkill in most of the clubs I play in, let alone my back, so I'll pass and let Gary take over West Sussex with his Boogie cabs! :D

On another front, I know you're looking for an 'acousticy sounding acoustic' 6 string at the moment and last year, I bought a Faith Venus, which really fits the bill for me - much more organic and natural sounding than a Takamine or Ovation to my ears.. Might be worth you checking out??

All the best

Nik
[/quote]

Hi mate, hope all's well, it's been a long time. Don't let the fact that it's overkill in a small club put you off a 1516, it's overkill almost anywhere! I've been using it in a 10'x6' room at home.

Thanks for the heads up over the guitar. I think I have my heart set on a j-200, but time and finance will tell.

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1358286256' post='1936575']
Hi mate, hope all's well, it's been a long time. Don't let the fact that it's overkill in a small club put you off a 1516, it's overkill almost anywhere! I've been using it in a 10'x6' room at home.
[/quote]
:D

Given how many BCers have tried to prise the 400+ out of my hands at various times, there's surprisingly little interest here and now! I'll probably put it on eBay before I change my mind, so before i do serious cash offers here will be entertained.....

Chris