Why become a member? ×

PONDERED ALL SOLD AND REPLACED Markbass Trade ponderings?

nottswarwick

So, I've got a bit of a dilemma

I currently run a markbass mini cmd 121p combo and a markbass traveller 102p cab sometimes accompanies it.

I am more than happy with this set up, as when used together it is big and loud, and when used alone the combo is great and über portable.

BUT, I am musing over a bit of a trade around of gear, so here are some options...

1..trade the combo for a markbass head, with a little cash my way

2..trade the combo and cab together for one of the larger markbass combos, the 210 or the bigger 12inch one, again with maybe a little cash to me, depending on the deal

3..trade the combo and cab for a head and larger cab - markbass or maybe something else, but must have a tweeter and be light ish.

Basically I am looking to achieve one rig I can use for all situations, as currently I sometimes need to use cab and combo together. I'd like either a bigger combo suitable for all events, or a head and bigger cab...I think.

Basically just try me for size, I am kind of open to suggestions....

Chris

Edited by nottswarwick

Is using the cab and combo together that much of a problem? Looks like you've got the rig that's suitable for all events already! If you're happy with your sound, I wouldn't fix it if it ain't broke. :)
[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1357070084' post='1917169']
Looks like you've got the rig that's suitable for all events already! If you're happy with your sound, I wouldn't fix it if it ain't broke. :)
[/quote]

Yep I agree with this :)

If it was me personally though i'd prefer to have a seperate head and cab so I can roll up with even less to carry when cabinets are provided by venues/other bands.

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1357070893' post='1917188']
Lol, actually I might just flog the 210 cab to be fair, as I can use PA support on all gigs anyway
[/quote]

Thought I may have a possible trade in the works there, damnit! :D glad you've possibly sorted your situation out though :)

[i]hi Chris i have a 2x10 ashdown combo and some cash if you want to do a deal with the markbass cab as it would go great with my markbass 2x10 combo at the mo i am using my combo and a markbass 151hf but being as im getting on a bit and a 5 foot weakling i need a lighter cab.Ok Chris catch you later mate.[/i]

[i]-[/i]

• 2 weeks later...