Why become a member? ×

For sale is my newly purchased (and unplayed...) Fret King Corona 'Geoff Whitehorn' Signature.

The guitar feels great to me (as a non-guitarist) regarding the action and playability. I purchased it with the intention of learning guitar (and after reading great reviews on it), but it's really not for me! Since being purchased, it has sat in a stand doing nothing. I played it once for 10 minutes. The only sign of it not being new is that I've peeled the scratch-proof film off the pickups. If the scratch plate has one (hard to tell) it hasn't been touched.

For more info, visit [url="http://www.fret-king.com/geoff_whitehorn.html"]http://www.fret-king..._whitehorn.html[/url]

I originally paid £499 and am looking to get [b]£300[/b] for it (yes, I am that desperate, no it isn't used!). Collection is from Birmingham, B23.

[b]Also included is the Fret King Padded Gigbag it came in![/b]

[b]Stock picture because it's in the exact same condition![/b] Or see below the picture for my own pictures.

[b][/b]

[url="http://imageshack.us/g/1/10008743/"][b]I've recently taken these photos of the guitar, mainly to show what lovely condition it's still in![/b][/url]

Edited by Jellyfish

Thanks Truckstop. :) Felt the same myself, as I really had my eye on something more modern looking, but everything I was looking at had double humbuckers, so I found this and had to pay a bit more, but was really happy with it anyway.

Also, a rather fast price drop! Really need this shifted. :(

They do indeed. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend originally, but it was one of those guitars that I really fell for once I'd played it for a few minutes. The action felt perfect (as I like it quite low) and the neck was really comfortable.

Bump!

Is this priced too highly? :( I'll happily take offers but it is in brand new condition! I'll also include a free Hercules fold-up floor stand and leather-ish suede strap if it sells this month. :)

Edited by Jellyfish

[quote name='Jellyfish' timestamp='1357819682' post='1928843']
Is this priced too highly? :( I'll happily take offers but it is in brand new condition! I'll also include a free Hercules fold-up floor stand and leather-ish suede strap if it sells this month. :)
[/quote]

No it isn't, but, beginning to sound like a stuck record here, without the major brand on the headstock guitars/basses are that bit harder to sell. I speak from experience as a former shop owner having had a hard time trying to shift excellent brands like Godin. Fret King do also get marked down by dealers quite often (for the same reason) but I'd stick to your guns for a bit longer and just accept that for the person without the usual prejudices looking for a great guitar this is a great deal.

[quote name='Mr H' timestamp='1358196314' post='1934756']
Incidentally, isn't this a Corona rather than an Eclat? That's what the Fret King Black Label catalogue seems to say. There might be a Googling potential buyer out there who's missing out on this.
[/quote]

Right you are! Thanks for pointing that out, perhaps another sign that really I don't deserve such a nice instrument. :D