Why become a member? ×

FS/FT - Fender USA PB 1983 like new

My problem with your post, apart from what karlfer has said, is that you posted the bass as being original. Depsite you showing a picture of a bass for sale at 'Normans' I still do not think your pickguard is original. If you look through other 1983 precisions for sale at normans you will see the screwhole to which I refer being present. You will also see basses which have had non-original parts added. The bass you have chosen to lillustrate does not claim to be original. My purpose therefore in posting was to point this out to potential buyers as non-originality affects value. You are perfectly entitled to decide what your bass is worth. I do not have a problem with that and wish you well in selling your precision. Karlfer is correct when he refers to the gentlemanly nature of selling on Basschat. There is a 'spirit' in the way things are done here. Unfortunately, you seem determined not to enter into that spirit by profiteering from a sale of a bass. Commonly, on basschat if a person buys a bass and doesn't get on with the instrument he/she sells it on for the same price. Due to the way you are conducting your sale it is unlikely that you will be successfull. However, you may be successfull, and if you are, good luck to you.

I know that now, this pickguard is not original, and I said thanks for this. Thats really helpfull, couse I didnt notice this screw hole below G string and I was thinking this is original pickguard.
Better photos in one day.

Another 'knob', [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Original-1983-Fender-Precision-Bass-Sunburst-w-Hard-Case-Wide-Neck-/370723360759?pt=Guitar&hash=item5650d58ff7"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5650d58ff7[/url]
That 'knob' is useless, Kevin.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1356985429' post='1916163']
Not sure what you mean here. If you mean that they are well put together and that quality was once again being sought after in the Fullerton factory, and also that these basses play superbly well due to the construction of the bass, then I agree that they are 'clunkily' made. If you mean something else then I'm at a loss to understand. I may not be an expert in Fender basses of this era but if my two are anything to go by then I'm very happy indeed to possess two clunky basses.
[/quote]

Just a personal opinion and apologies. Clunkily should have read chunkily. This was my impression of the (only ) two 1983s I have I tried, which had chunky necks for me. Delighted they are great for you.

Fabrocker, people are giving you good advice, and are being really polite to you despite your clear commercial intention of turning a quick buck. Of course this is your right, but now we know what you paid for it, you are probably alienating the very audience you are trying to sell to.
Good luck

[quote name='loweringthetone' timestamp='1357046599' post='1916670']
Just a personal opinion and apologies. Clunkily should have read chunkily. This was my impression of the (only ) two 1983s I have I tried, which had chunky necks for me. Delighted they are great for you.[/quote]

That's cool. B)

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1357035843' post='1916487']
No, the topic has become about how gentlemanly Basschat is. On some other forums you would have been verbally ripped to pieces.
With respect, you are showing a distinct lack of respect to Basschat members by putting £325 on the asking price of a bass you bought 2 weeks ago.
Good luck with your sale.
Karl.
[/quote]

Summed up.

One moment Gareth? U want say something about my country? That all thing goes way to far.
Thats simple, my bass, my price. End of story, and end of transmission.

EDIT: Oh, now u change it. Nice. Where is your text about years of capitalism?

Edited by Guest

Guys, it's up to any member to ask what they consider to be fair price for an item they wish to sell on here, regardless of what they paid for it. While I understand the way members like to try and stand by a "gentlemans" code, it's not set in stone.

If someone want to buy the bass for the asking price it's up to them, if they don't, then again it's up to them.

Also, I will not tollerate anybody on here posting comments attacking a fellow members race or nationality, it's not on, and it's not what Basschat is about. We are a multi national forum and we should have understanding and patience if another members first language is not English.

At this moment in time I also believe that Fabrocker had a genuine belief that his bass was all original, now he understand the pickguard is not, he's adjusted his price.