Why become a member? ×

Just saying hello...

Cadsbassist

Hi there,

I'm a new member and my user name will be Cadsbassist because the name of my main band is Mr P and the Cadillacs. The main reason for joining now is because i'm in search for a second hand 2x10 Trace Elliot combo to use together with the Trace 15" cab that I already own.
I'm from Ghent, Belgium, Dutch speaking so excuse me for the typing and language errors that will certainly occur.
This is my gear list:
- Fender Precision Lyte bass guitar
- Ovation Magnum I solid body bass 1978
- Peavey Mark4 amp head
- Trace Elliot 15" bass cab
- Accoustic stand up bass
- 12" practising combo (don't know the brand by heart)
Musical preferences:
- all music with a soul that's played well
- Texas blues and rock
- Marcus Miller
- songs with a message
I started my bass playing career in a band with high school friends 35 years ago. We played mostly blues, Texas blues and rock music. The live show that ZZTop gave on Rockpalast around 1980 on a German TV channel was a real eye opener for me.
Since 10 years I play bass with a fifties Doo-Wop and Rock & Roll band. This is the link to our web page: [url="http://www.mrpandthecadillacs.net"]www.mrpandthecadillacs.net[/url]
I'm hoping to stay a member for a long time and to participate to some interesting discussions and in the mean time find the gear I'm looking for.

Happy new year everyone!

grts,
Cadsbassist

Awel zunne!

Welcome to BC. Your English seems [b]perfect[/b] to me. Congrats!
That said, I'm Dutch, so ... :P :ph34r:

You'll be anxious to know what the entrance fee is. Well, as it happens, you have to send everyone some anijsneuzekes. Echt waar! Toevallig, hè? ;)

Anyway, enjoy the site! You may find it's a very nice forum as well.

best,
bert (nee, kennieslapevannacht)

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1356758139' post='1913304']

You'll be anxious to know what the entrance fee is. Well, as it happens, you have to send everyone some anijsneuzekes.

[/quote]

Welcome to the forum Mr P,

Don't listen to Bert please, the entrance fee is actually the Swiss made Munz bars White ones please.

Cheers Leen.

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1356878218' post='1914594']
[b]Where's my neuzekes?!!![/b] :ph34r:
[/quote]
When you come over to the next edition of the 'Gentse Feesten' in July 2013 we will eat some neuzekes together while attending some great concerts. Or perhaps I can bring some to one of the next Marcus Miller concerts?

grts,
Martin