Why become a member? ×

Fender fsr precision special sea foam green

geofio

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi Guys, just wondering if any of you have this bass and your thoughts on it please? about to purchase a brand new one like the idea of a precision bass with a jazz neck and decent electronics thrown in. All comments welcome please. anything you dont like about the bass?? cheers[/font][/color]

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1356649424' post='1912137']
I bet the pre amp is sh*t.
[/quote]

Nope its actually pretty good. Have you tried one?

Its more or less a Precision Deluxe with a Geddy Lee neck and Blacktop style bridge in a limited finish ( 250 overall with 150 in Europe )

I think playability is excellent. The neck is quite slim but not overly e.g. my Ibanez Doug Wimbish neck feels like I'm holding a pencil but this feels nice.

I think it sounds quite polite so that is why I have fitted DiMarzio Will Power P and Ultra Jazz pickups.The sound is off the scale its so high output now. It did sound really good to begin with but it was more the playability for me. Now it sounds exactly like the sound I had in my head.

There is a lot of control over the sound with the 3 band preamp and the blend control works really well to get the right mix between the P and the J.

It sounded really good with the factory strings for the wedding/function stuff but I'm mainly using it with the rock band. I had fitted my trusty Roto flats to it but it wasn't quite there but with the D'addario Chromes its right where I want it to be.

Very comfortable to play with a neoprene strap. The only thing I could fault with it is that the battery compartment has two screws instead of the equally as cheap flip out one but it does have brass inserts so you don't chew up the wood changing the battery.

I find it slightly heavy compared to my last two basses which were the aforementioned Ibanez and an Epiphone Thunderbird but they weigh next to nothing. Its still a lot lighter than any of my Stingrays were

i have the bass now , and it really has a great bottom end coming from it , well made, also heavier than i thought it would be , put some decent strings on and did a set up, it sounds great lots of tone in there, i think it is the geddy lee neck they have used, finish is fantastic nice fleck through the paint, fit and finish 10/10 only thing that annoyed me was the bloody plastic they use to protect the pick guard it is a pain to get off!!! neck just feels fantastic lots of tone looks good , whats not to like?? cheers for the comments guys. George

Edited by geofio