Why become a member? ×

Hk audio scam

Geddys nose

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HK-Audio-Actor-DX-System-Complete-with-Castors-Covers-/321045964680?pt=UK_ConElec_SpeakersPASystems_RL&hash=item4abfd4a788

I've seen this twice listed after the original sale completed, He will post FOC from the Highlands but lists it at a different place,Last time I sent him a message my brother lives in the next town and would collect for me and then nothing. Feel sorry for the hacked account holder.

He's demanding that bidders contact him 'prior' to placing a bid (which isn't allowed under ebay T&C) in order to try and flog that system or possibly multiple identical systems; thus avoiding ebay fees. I've reported him for such but I doubt that they'll do anything... think I'll now place a bid without contacting him first! ;)

Ah, I see that they have different user ID's and they are in different locations, which would indicate a couple of hacked accounts. Could also be someone using a copy of the image? Looking at the use ID's I'd bet that the plonkers who have been hacked (if that is the case) will have used their username as their password; I say that because I had reservations a couple of years ago about someone selling dodgy bass gear on ebay and the username appeared a bit random. For an experiment I attempted to log in using their username and the same for the password... straight into their account, which I assume the hacker had done. Some folks can be dim! :(

The one before these he was based in Leeds but 'Had just moved to the Highlands' so thats where the PA was stored.He just uses the same picture from a closed sale all the time so that gives the game away a bit, I report every one that comes up but he's switching users so quickly Ebay can't do a lot.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1356780414' post='1913462']
Ah, I see that they have different user ID's and they are in different locations, which would indicate a couple of hacked accounts. Could also be someone using a copy of the image? Looking at the use ID's I'd bet that the plonkers who have been hacked (if that is the case) will have used their username as their password; I say that because I had reservations a couple of years ago about someone selling dodgy bass gear on ebay and the username appeared a bit random. For an experiment I attempted to log in using their username and the same for the password... straight into their account, which I assume the hacker had done. Some folks can be dim! :(
[/quote]

Lol Yes same User name and Password!

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1356780414' post='1913462']
For an experiment I attempted to log in using their username and the same for the password... straight into their account, which I assume the hacker had done. Some folks can be dim! :(
[/quote]
You what? Fookin ell !!!!!!! Mark Chapman could take lessons from you.