Why become a member? ×

Geddy Lee Jazz (Japan)

Wylie

Took possession today of a nearly new GL Jazz, made in Japan, from a fellow who decided he didn't want to play bass after all -- my luck to get a great bass at a great price, including Fender case. The cellophane was still on the pickguard.

What a bass! Factory strings (which I'll keep) great aggressive growl, not a dead note anywhere, action low and precise. Fit and finish, all that, perfect. A formal review isn't needed, I think; I'm sure it's been reviewed before now.

Couldn't be better!

[attachment=125734:bigDSCN4530.jpg]

Edited by tedgilley

[quote name='Kees_SoS' timestamp='1356710129' post='1912774']
I own a 2010 example in sunburst and it's one of the most stable instruments I've ever owned. It doesn't have the depth or warmth of my '74 Jazz, but I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a decent '70s Jazz bass at an affordable price.
[/quote]

Not what I'd call warm, either, but everything about it is fabulous. Roll off the tone a bit and the growl is captivating. I'm repeating myself. I don't know what's affordable for you guys with Jap Fenders, but this one was a steal at $750, that's with black hardshell Fender case (older model than the current tweed).

tg