Why become a member? ×

Warwick Fortress Flashback - German made

warwick666

[size=4][color=#000000][font=Arial]This rare bass is in mint condition never gigged, no dings or scratches on body[/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828].[/color][/font][color=#000000][font=Arial] Very rare to find this model the same condition. This is a 2000 model - German made bass.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial]Quality, high build excellence - the attention to detail is amazing. Quality is one aspect of a bass (or guitar) that doesn't change with time - high quality then = high quality now. The Flashback is the rarest of this series and is now becoming collectable especially in this condition.[/font][/color][/size]

The Fortress Flashback has a synthetic mother-of-pearl pickguard and two MEC Lipstick pickups intended for a retro look and delivering the corresponding vintage sounds. Its ash body provided a warm and midrange-rich tone that was enhanced with Lipstick pickups to a fat and lively sound.[list]
[*]Ash body
[*]Ovangkol neck (3-piece for 4-strings )
[*]Wenge fingerboard
[*]saddel width 38,5 mm / 24. fret
[*]neck thickness: 1. fret 21 mm / 18.
[*]bolt-on neck
[*]long scale 86,4 cm
[*]24 frets from patented bronze
[*]passive MEC 1 single lipstick, 1 T/J lipstick pickup
[*]passive MEC electronic
[*]1 Volume / Balance stacked Poti, 1 stacked Bass, 1 stacked Treble
[*]2TEK bridge
[*]platin hardware
[*]Hipshot Tuner
[*]Celluloid Pickguard
[*]length 111.5 cm
[*]weight 4,2 kg
[/list]
[i]The Fortress Flashback had a synthetic mother-of-pearl pickguard and two MEC Lipstick pickups intended for a retro look and delivering the corresponding vintage sounds. Its ash body provided a warm and midrange-rich tone that was enhanced with Lipstick pickups to a fat and lively sound. [/i][i]Today the Fortress models, especially the Fortress Flashback, are considered collector's items.[/i]

This bass worth £800 for me !The bass is for sale only.

Edited by warwick666

Hi Karl,

You need a special Warwick or Dunlop strap lock to fit the bass.

See a video linked below to show you the way how it work theDUNLOP version strap lock. (it is not the best video to show you exactly how does it looks like as you on't have that big gap betweend the bass asn the strap.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psE7sus3eNM

I used the warwick version for at least 8 years and did a fantastic job, never had any trouble or fail.

You can find complaining videos on youtube about the new WARWICK strap locks. I really do not know what's going on or the quality is changed or these people mixing the Dunlop version with the Warwick bit (I mean half is Dunlop and the other half is Warwick for their lock system) and for that reason the mechanisem release the pin, and shows that the lock fails and does not lock the mechanism roperly.

Here is the Warwick lock:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/warwick_security_straplocks_chrome.htm?gclid=CLeh8KH9o7QCFaTMtAodagIA2A

Regards,
Attila.

I 'think' the neck on your bass is Ovankol rather than Wenge (the fingerboard is defo Wenge), there have been various incarnations over the years and neck materials have changed, so I'm assuming you have cut and paste the info from a Warwick source but I'm 99% certain yours is Ovankol... not that it makes much difference! :D

Hi Warwickhunt and Warwick Official, I have to agree with you guys, I copied the description from the Warwick site and it looks I made a mistake. I have a 98 model(5string) Flashback and that has darker neck so that is Wenge and this 4string has Ovangkol neck. Amended the description now.

Thanks a lot for your info.
Regards,
Attila.

Edited by warwick666

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Attila. I know there was a bit of discussion on this wonderful bass on the Warwick site but it seems to have gone. What is the serial number please? (feel free to PM me if you are not happy about the serial number in the public domain).
Cheers,
Karl.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just a quick update on my bass. I advertised this bass on [url="http://forum.warwick.de/"]http://forum.warwick.de[/url] and somebody mentioned the bass might had the neck changed as they could not identify after the serial number.
I contacted WARWICK and asked them to identify the bass after the serial number. the bass never had any modification and still in the original manufactured status. I received the the following reply from the WARWICK factory:

[size=3]Dear Mr. Attilia Fulop,[/size]

[size=2][size=3]thanks for your request and interest into your Warwick Bass and for
giving me the requested information. Please note as following :

- Bass
Serial Number B 072341 00
Year 2000
Month February
Number 072341
Neck Wood Ovangkol Neck
Fingerboard Wenge Wood
Frets Bronce Warwick Frets
Nut Just a Nut Brass Version
Neck construction Bolt On
Body US Swamp Ash body, 2 pcs. solid
Surface Honey Violin Satin Surface
Pickups MEC passiv LippStick Prickups
Electronic Passive MEC Electronic
Hardware HipShot Machinheads
2Tek Bridge
the of the Hardware is Warwick Hardware in Satin Chrome
Made in Germany / 08258 Markneukirchen[/size]

[size=2][size=3]We wish you an ongoing pleasure playing your unique Fortress Flashback 4 string Warwick Bass.

Thanks for playing an Warwick and all the best.

with best regards
[/size]

[size=2][size=3]Warwick GmbH & Co Music Equipment KG
H.P.Wilfer 09.05.2013, 09:39
President[/size]

Framus & Warwick / Markneukirchen / Germany[/size][/size][/size]

Edited by warwick666