Why become a member? ×

Gibson Thunderbird Sunburst w/OHC FS/FT ||||£650||||| NEW PRICE

Robert Manning

Hey guys, just managed to take some nice photos. [s]£750...[/s]£650

This is a 1996/7 USA thunderbird.

Condition wise, i would say a 7/10. the neck pickup has been replaced with an EB-O stye pickup.

comes with original hard-case.

Frets are perfect.

There has not been any addition routing on the replaced pick up, so if you would like to go back to the original its not an issue.

Price is £750
Trade wise i'm very open please send me your offers!

have a listen!

]

Edited by Robert Manning

[quote name='evilLordJuju' timestamp='1355321991' post='1896909']
Are you sure about that?
[/quote]

It looks like a Dimarzio replacement. If so they can be altered around the underside area that fits in the original cavity by carefully filing down the 'potting' tar-like material that surrounds the pickup assembly at the rear. I had to do this on one of these pickups to adjust it to fit in the cavity of an SG bass. Worked a treat no extra routing necessary and no problem to the pickup.

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1355325025' post='1896948']
It looks like a Dimarzio replacement. If so they can be altered around the underside area that fits in the original cavity by carefully filing down the 'potting' tar-like material that surrounds the pickup assembly at the rear. I had to do this on one of these pickups to adjust it to fit in the cavity of an SG bass. Worked a treat no extra routing necessary and no problem to the pickup.
[/quote]

True dat! I had a DM model I in an EB3 and the guts, which are a fair bit smaller than the footprint of the surround, are sealed in a black resin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...