Why become a member? ×

what are the chances of this?!

Fionn

I just saw a 1981 Aria SB900 on fleabay, identical to mine. The serial number caught my attention. It is [b]1120518[/b], mine is [b]1120517[/b] ... what are the chances of that?!

Crazy, this is the bass that was next off the production line to my own. Thought I'd share that as it seems so unlikely. If I was rich I'd reunite them.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aria-SB900-bass-/130817945066?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1e755b6dea#ht_2766wt_1140"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aria-SB900-bass-/130817945066?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1e755b6dea#ht_2766wt_1140[/url]

I'm relieved you're not rich.
1120517 and 1120518 hated each other, and I don't see how reconciliation could be possible.

In the same vain, a decade or so ago, I sold a used cd with my name in my writing under the tray.
Recently I bought a copy of that CD again that was sold as New Old Stock.
Yup, you guessed it: I got my "own" cd back.

(Why would I write my name there? So friends who borrow can check when they're unsure whether they own it or not. Lent them out by the dozens - hundreds even - to good friends. They could have them for years, and could eventually easily forget who owned what.)

best,
bert

[quote name='mart' timestamp='1355338267' post='1897197']
Hope you demanded a refund since it was obviously not NOS!
[/quote]

Couldn't be arsed really, and rather had a good laugh.
This CD cost me two and a half quid, so I decided these people work very hard for the little money they get. They shouldn't have lied, but to their defense, the CD did still look as mint.

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1355401108' post='1897836']
Not so much "why write your name?" more "why did you lift it all up and have a look?"
[/quote]

Originally I didn't want to go there, and create a too detailed, too long post, but it was because this cd had an autograph that I recognised immediately because of a flaw in it - due to the ballpoint pen stopping to work, and the autograph having been finished later.

best,
bert