Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot Cabs - ID and Price suggestions please!

Gamble

Hi there folks!

I recently picked up a job lot of bass gear as there were a few bits in there that I wanted, but a lot of it is going to need re-homing. I was just wondering if anyone could help me to identify these Trace Elliot cabs (model no's etc) and maybe suggest a sensible price that I might want to advertise them at;
[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t34/69gamble69/TECabs.jpg[/IMG]
Unfortunately due to their age the model and serial numbers on the backs are no longer readable. The top one is an HF cab only, it says on the back that using it with a full range signal will invalidate the warranty but the previous owner has had a high pass filter added to the circuit so that there's no need for a crossover or bi-amping. The 4X10 has had the speakers replaced with uprated cones making it 400w rather than it's original 200w, and I'm told it's hardly been used since.
Any help will be gratefully received!
Cheers,
Matt

Edited by Gamble

I'm a huge Trace fan (see sig), but would be the first to admit that used prices are not awfully strong. Double edged sword. It means I now have the rig I always wanted at an almost hilariously low price.
Having owned 1 1048 of the same vintage as the one in your pic and paid I think £350 for it new in 1990, I'm acutely aware of how much they weigh too, much against the current trend for lightweight cabs.

The top one, that really is an oddity. That has the look of an old Trace top cab usually found atop a horn loaded 2x15 bin. Type of thing from the very early days when they were setting out to build nothing but mini concert PA system for bass players to use as backline.
For a serious colector with matching bin and PP33 head with all the parametric EQ (predates GP11) maybe worth decent money. Otherwise ?....

I see it as being from the same very early era as this. (I've only ever seen one of these, in the original Sound Control in Dunfermline in the mid 80s. It was an ex Nazareth setup and was a monster.

Edited by JohnFitzgerald

I just have the 4X10 to go with it and a TE look-a-like 1X15. I guess I'll just see what the guy wants to offer me for it/them! I promised the previous owner I'd see anything I wasn't keeping go to a good home so would be reluctant to Evilbay them.....