Why become a member? ×

Tiny practice combos

Smash

I currently have a GK 150MB Combo which in itself is excellent but for my use its too much for a bedroom practice amp, I now want to sell this excellent amp and get a cheapo bedroom amp, but would like something smaller if possible.

Really would like a Markbass Micromark but 2nd hand I have never seen one come up and new they seem too much dosh, a Roland cube RX but these seem like a toy (maybe I am wrong) or failing that I have seen these Line 6 110.

Was looking at the Roalnd cube 30 but its bigger than I wanted.

Any other amps people could recommend has to be smaller than the GK 150MB thats gonna be difficult I know.

[url="http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/amp_page.php?area_id=3&ampl_id=63&year=2008&cat_id=5&series_id=97"]This[/url] is probably the smallest amp you'll get - they sound pretty dire though.

Andy

Thanks for these guys, reckon price range upto £150 just as long as the dims are nice and small but also a fairly nice tone as I really need it for testing basses and possibly acoustic stuff, my fave so far is the lowdown 110 due to price, size, power.

Mind you if there is a 2nd hand Markbass Micro around I would have a punt on that as I get on so well with their heads.

[quote name='Alien' post='197208' date='May 12 2008, 03:15 PM'][url="http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/amp_page.php?area_id=3&ampl_id=63&year=2008&cat_id=5&series_id=97"]This[/url] is probably the smallest amp you'll get - they sound pretty dire though.

Andy[/quote]

Ha ha, I've got one of those. You can hear what note you're playing and that's about it :)

i have a carlsbro kickstart 30w and they sound really nice for a practice amp there not exactly tiny but nice little amps, 10in speaker which sound quite clear and you can pick em up off ebay now for about 50/60 quid, well worth a look.
i "ll be upgrading soon but i"m keeping the amp as i really like em.

[quote name='johnnylager' post='197665' date='May 13 2008, 07:52 AM']You want [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18245&st=0&p=186138&#entry186138"]this[/url] mate.[/quote]

that doesn't have an auxiliary input for jamming along to CDs or MP3s...