Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Transglobal Underground presents LONDON ZULU - London Ladbroke Grove

xilddx

[b]Welcome to International Times, the Portobello party of intercontinental sounds brought to you by godfathers of the global groove Transglobal Underground and DJs Jamie Renton, Alex Stewart, and G-Man.[/b]

[b]Friday 7th December 2012[/b]

[url="http://www.rhythmpassport.com/event/1425/"]http://www.rhythmpas...com/event/1425/[/url]

[b]Mau Mau - 265 Portobello Road, London, W11 1LR [/b]
[url="http://notting-hill.london.myvillage.com/place/mau-mau-bar-london"]http://notting-hill....-mau-bar-london[/url]

Edited by silddx

• 3 weeks later...

I'd forgotten that you were involved with TGU... that is one cool outfit of musicians to be a part of - credit to you mate! I've seen them live a number of times. Absolutely superb. Were you part of the line-up when they played up in Manchester a couple of years ago?

Anyway, hope it goes well tonight Nige. It's difficult for me to travel to gigs these days (on account of Skol Jnr still being a tiddler), but I'll get word out among mates in London who might want to come along to this.

Enjoy! :)

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1354879221' post='1891479']
I'd forgotten that you were involved with TGU... that is one cool outfit of musicians to be a part of - credit to you mate! I've seen them live a number of times. Absolutely superb. Were you part of the line-up when they played up in Manchester a couple of years ago?

Anyway, hope it goes well tonight Nige. It's difficult for me to travel to gigs these days (on account of Skol Jnr still being a tiddler), but I'll get word out among mates in London who might want to come along to this.

Enjoy! :)
[/quote]

Thanks mate :)

I don't play in TGU the band, just involved in their satellite outfits, formally Krupa, and Doreen Thobekile (RIP sweetie), and now Doreen's daughter Ingrid in London Zulu. Sheema, TGU's sitarist, plays bass live for TGU on a few songs, synth bass on the rest.

Glad you like TGU, they are fabulous, great musicians with great vision, skills and musicality. I have learned a lot playing with them,and it's such great fun!

N x

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1354881038' post='1891510']Glad you like TGU...[/quote]

Yeah, they've been a part of various events at a place called Band On The Wall here in Mancunia (great venue - one of my all time faves). Think they also had some dealings up here with promoters and one time record label, One Tree Island, who I used to help out with doing some PR stuff years ago. Right up my musical alley. Never got to see Doreen perform, which is a big shame.

Let us know how it goes tonight. I've given it a shout on Tw@tter which might bring a few friendly bods along.

Thanks Sean, it was a great night! Really enjoyed it!

We got a lot of great compliments again and sold some CDs. Two musicians in the audience told me they thought I was French, because I play my Zulu funk in a Parisienne style apparently, weird huh? :lol: There were even a couple of skinny jeans pointy shoos kids from N London in there who told me they loved it, even more weird :D

This gig looks like it's going to go quarterly which is great, we don't often get together so hopefully we'll be doing more. Love to do Passing Clouds again too.

Cheers.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1354972178' post='1892469']
Two musicians in the audience told me they thought I was French, because I play my Zulu funk in a Parisienne style apparently, weird huh?
[/quote]

It's the gloves and hat what does it. Funnily enough, I play my Parisian Funk in a Zulu style.. Naked, save the beads! :lol: