Why become a member? ×

Amplifing a bass Pod suggestions

paul j h

Hi,
Can I pick your collective brains, I have a just got a Bass PodXT pro and want suggestions to amplify for home use, low volume, i don't play live nor have any intentions to right now. Can i attach an active monitor to the Pod or do i have to have a power amp and further speakers, i want to make it as easy as possible. Cheers look forward for your input. Paul.

Hi!

You can use either an active monitor (be that a P.A type or even studio monitors) or a bass amp, or a seperate power amp and speaker, or a combo (even a keyboard combo will suffice too) - You have quite a few options there. I think the manual details some options too. The one thing I would suggest though, is that depending on what you choose to plug in to, you take a look at the configuration menu on the Pod. You can tell the Pod what kind of amplification you have connected to and it will set up the sounds on board to suit. (Especially important if you are using amplifier sims).

The XT Pro has 1/4" outputs that you can connect with standard guitar leads as well as a USB connection and Earphones.

Personally I'd not forget looking at small bass combos. They're likely to have a lot of functionality that is nice for bassists, like aux input, headphone output, effects send/return and EQ adapted to the bass's spectrum. That and a handle!
Of course it all depends on your needs, but I just wanted to make sure this aspect wasn't lost.
One of mine (the HB) cost only 85 quid, and is probably a steal.

Good luck with chosing!

best,
bert

I don't know how much you want to spend, but I've been using a [b][i]Roland Micro Bass Cube[/i][/b] for many years now.

It tucks away in a cupboard, or behind an armchair quite easily, which means it is always within reach when I want to use it ([i]which is almost every day[/i]).

It has a decent array of built-in affects, a drum machine, headphone socket, auxiliary input for your iPod or laptop, can run off batteries, and most importantly, for it's size, it sounds really sweet and is plenty loud enough, and is ideal for pedals and pods etc..

I paid £165 for it new, although I think they are around £195 now, but I would imagine you could probably pick one up second hand for less than £100.

If it packed up, I would definitely get another one!

Hi All,

i already have a SWR 2 x 10C (which is for sale on here) but bought the Pod XT pro because i only play at home so i don't really want another combo. I will primarily use it with headphones but on the occasions when i don't, i just need to know an easy way to amplify. Cheers Paul.