Why become a member? ×

Couple of live vids from me new jazz-funk band

urb

A couple of clips from our gig last night at the Spice Of Life - such a great night this band is totally vibing - these are from the first set and we were just getting warmed up... anway hope you dig the sound of the group - the second one has some bass noodling on...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZxg_XG4jww[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQzIpn10TR8[/media]

Thanks for checking it - more gigs coming next year

Mike

[quote name='ML94' timestamp='1352666044' post='1865926']
Man that sounds great, both of them ! Hope when I start gigging to join a funk/jazz band of that caliber.

Great feel.
[/quote]

Thanks fella - yeah it's a pleasure playing with these guys - cheers for checking it

Mike

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1353019657' post='1870713']
Wow! This is great, Mike. A stonkingly good band you've got here.

Looks like a fantastic gig to be at.

More please!
[/quote]

Thanks dude - and Bilbo - there's some more footage from the gig - plus a full multi-track recording of all the instruments - I'm collecting the files for that later today. I'll be puting together a web site with more audio, vids and pics soon - many more gigs in the new year hopefully... it's such a blast playing with these guys - I've been meaning to sort a band out like this for ages!

Cheers

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mike,

Great vids, great band - I thought I recognised one of your sax players, turns out it's none other than Matt Telfer - say hi to him - we used to go out riding our motorbikes together when we both lived in Stratford upon Avon twenty or so years ago... He never let on how big a jazzer he was back then, one time we checked out what he had playing on his walkman during one particular ride... Bat Out of Hell... Hehe.

Warmest regards.

Wal.

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1354193292' post='1883325']
Just catching up with recent posts.
Looks and sounds like a nice gig Mike, and lots of fun.
Look forward to the rest [when you get time]

Garry
[/quote]

Thanks a lot Garry - this was just the first gig so hopefully we'll get tighter and expand on the material in the coming year...

[quote name='waldemar' timestamp='1354750655' post='1890117']
Hey Mike,

Great vids, great band - I thought I recognised one of your sax players, turns out it's none other than Matt Telfer - say hi to him - we used to go out riding our motorbikes together when we both lived in Stratford upon Avon twenty or so years ago... He never let on how big a jazzer he was back then, one time we checked out what he had playing on his walkman during one particular ride... Bat Out of Hell... Hehe.

Warmest regards.

Wal.
[/quote]

I will indeed pass on your name to Matt - he's a top bloke and a great player - love working with the guy

Cheers for watching

Mike

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1354797325' post='1890454']
Niiiice ;)

Is that the Maxon on the second track? Killer sounding filter!
[/quote]

Yes mon... sounding phat... it really does the job, so glad you hipped me to it - and yes the guy who recorded the gig turned up and miked everything etc and got a great recording - got a couple more tunes I want to mix from the gig - only problem was he spent so much time setting up the levels etc he barely had time to get our monitor levels etc so we started the gig without having soundchecked with the PA full on - and then I get told my bass is too loud... dude, I mean... never mind :)