Why become a member? ×

NOW Traded !! ERNIE BALL MUSICMAN STERLING BLACK ONYX Now Traded !!!

blunderthumbs

It is with a heavy heart that I am parting company with this custom made Musicman sterling black onyx number 132 of 150.
It comes with it's original Musicman case, all the candy and certificate of authenticity.(ONLY 150 OF THESE WHERE EVER MADE WORLDWIDE !!!) :o
It can only be described as mint with no bucklerash, dings or scratches. If I'm being picky there are the usual fingernail scratches on the
pickguard but after all that is what it is there for so I would give it 9/10
I am letting her go because after playing a Fender Jazz for the best part of 17 years I cannot find a bass that suits me better.
I'm asking £1200 FIRM... for her but might be interested in trading for another USA jazz preferably with maple fretboard. Enjoy the pics.
Full spec in link below. If this doesn't sell for the asking price I wll be keeping it.

[url="http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/ONYX.htm"]http://www.elderly.c.../items/ONYX.htm[/url]

[attachment=123546:IMG_2820.JPG]
[attachment=123547:IMG_2816.JPG]
[attachment=123548:IMG_2815.JPG]
[attachment=123550:IMG_2819.JPG]
[attachment=123551:IMG_2824.JPG]
[attachment=123552:IMG_2818.JPG]
[attachment=123553:IMG_2823.JPG][attachment=123554:IMG_2809.JPG]

Edited by blunderthumbs

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1354356116' post='1885060']
I wish this would hurry up and sell before I'm tempted to let the best Jazz I've ever owned go.
[/quote]
I can almost guarantee you that this Sterling will make you forget that Jazz, if it's that 75RI I see in your signature.
The quality of these modern MM are well above MIA Fender IMHO.

[quote name='Enzo' timestamp='1354372975' post='1885305']
I can almost guarantee you that this Sterling will make you forget that Jazz, if it's that 75RI I see in your signature.
[/quote]

Modern being Oct/Nov 2002 which is when it was crafted.

[quote name='Enzo' timestamp='1354372975' post='1885305']

[/quote]

It is but it's an 2002 75RI FSR......Pretty much CS quality.

Agree on the modern MMs, especially the customs, had a 30th Anni Ray for a while and the build quality was sublime.

Edited by martthebass