Why become a member? ×

Ews bass mid control

thumperbob 2002

Got one of these from another chatter. What a great pedal So simple- just controls the mid range frequencies. Built like a tank. Tiny but very heavy.

My rig is a little scooped so thought I would use a graphic to add more mids ( maxed out on my hartke lh1000 ) so bought a behringer one. Did the trick but was curious about the bmc pedal - one came up on here so I bought it. Amazing quality, very warm sounding. Loads of different sounds on this and all useful. Cut through like knife through butter. Really really useful pedal that would be useful for all players.

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' timestamp='1352320709' post='1861716']
Got one of these from another chatter. What a great pedal So simple- just controls the mid range frequencies. Built like a tank. Tiny but very heavy.

My rig is a little scooped so thought I would use a graphic to add more mids ( maxed out on my hartke lh1000 ) so bought a behringer one. Did the trick but was curious about the bmc pedal - one came up on here so I bought it. Amazing quality, very warm sounding. Loads of different sounds on this and all useful. Cut through like knife through butter. Really really useful pedal that would be useful for all players.
[/quote]

So, the secret's out now then, ah well, glad you're enjoying it matey, they're fab, I expect I'll have another one someday...

Good review here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poty5J1C05k

Nice as this is, if you play a P-bass then I'd recommend you get a John East P-Retro instead. Does more-or-less exactly what this pedal does, but mounted unobtrusively inside your bass. Plus you can get advice direct from John if you need it.

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' timestamp='1352320709' post='1861716']

[/quote]

Don't forget that even if you've reached maximum on one of your amp tone controls you can always get more by turning the others down and then boosting the overall volume. That costs nothing.

Personally I think that if you've max'ed out any of your amp controls and still need more then the rig you've chosen is probably not the right one for you.

Yeah flat on the lh1000 is mids on max (10) and bass and treble on 2. To be honest not much difference to mids at 10 and bass and treble on 0.

Would be no problem for my active basses- Warwick thumb and low end jazz, just a little too scooped for my passive jazzes.

However I don't think it's the amp as much as the speaker cab that is scooped. I only needed a little extra mids, just that bit to really cut through. Now I have a very very loud, portable rig that cuts through with oodles of headroom.