Why become a member? ×

My basses!

kingforaday

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='196289' date='May 11 2008, 01:01 AM']:) not seen one of those self adhesive pick holders for years :huh:[/quote]

ha! yeah, its been on there for years! its not actually stuck on with the sticky pad though, couldn't bring myself to do that... its blu-tacked!

Sweet basses man, i got me a tobias toby pro 5B custom and they're exceptional basses for the money. That grendel looks pretty sweet too, though i'm a neck thru man myself.

Also that's an MTD grendel just so you know, MTD is still owned by Michael Tobias whereas Tobias was founded by him and is now owned by gibson, two entirely different companies, very similar basses though.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='199219' date='May 15 2008, 12:45 AM']Sweet basses man, i got me a tobias toby pro 5B custom and they're exceptional basses for the money. That grendel looks pretty sweet too, though i'm a neck thru man myself.

Also that's an MTD grendel just so you know, MTD is still owned by Michael Tobias whereas Tobias was founded by him and is now owned by gibson, two entirely different companies, very similar basses though.[/quote]

ha! it was me giving you a history lesson on all things tobias in another thread a while back! anyways, yeah cheers mate, and once again to be the pedantic git i am, this grendel was made before the whole MTD company brand name thing was sorted... hence why it doesn't have an MTD logo on it.

[quote name='kingforaday' post='200148' date='May 16 2008, 08:51 AM']ha! it was me giving you a history lesson on all things tobias in another thread a while back! anyways, yeah cheers mate, and once again to be the pedantic git i am, this grendel was made before the whole MTD company brand name thing was sorted... hence why it doesn't have an MTD logo on it.[/quote]
Ah sorry, forgot it was you haha. Us tobias lovers should stick together! :) nice pair though mate

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Sharkfinger' post='247057' date='Jul 24 2008, 05:21 PM']Wondered who that lovely TBC went to. Was in the running for it but had to drop out when I was made redundant. By the time I'd got another job, it had gone. Still, if you ever consider selling it..[/quote]

ah, another example of real life getting in the way of bass buying! makes me sick :)

i am considering parting with it now cuz i'm skint and just bought another toby pro. but to be honest i'll probably sell it locally as i know a few people who've taken an interest in it round here... but who knows, guess if i don't shift it, you may well be seeing it in the for sale section again.

[quote name='Lenny B' post='248129' date='Jul 25 2008, 10:23 PM']I used to have a Toby 4 - great bass, regret selling it.

If anyone sees one with a Darth Vader hologram sticker on the headstock, drop me a line (reward offered)[/quote]

he he, yeah i'll keep an eye out, there'll soon be another one gracing this thread cuz i bought the one that was kicking around in the for sale section. tis a (very cheap) beauty to be sure...

• 2 years later...

just a heads up to let people know the TBC bass pictured in this thread, which lots of people commented on and sent me PM's about buying a few years ago is now on ebay

here's the link

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280552883082&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT"]TBC Bass Company JT-400-JJ[/url]