Why become a member? ×

Warmoth 5 String Jazz Bass - hipshot ultralights, schaller bridge, korina body etc - new pics added!

aj5string

[size=4]Hi all, we are looking to move house, so I would like to free up some cash. Up for sale is this beautiful, Warmoth bodied and Necked 5 string jazz bass. Put together using the best bits available - a beautiful black korina 5 string deluxe body, Goncalo Alves Neck, Hipshot ultralights, Schaller Bridge etc it really is a top quality instrument. It is wired passive, with a stack knob control setup. The neck has to be played to be believed, feels amazing, very smooth and natural - the wood is unfinished, but naturally has a highish oil content so feels finished.[/size]

[size=4]All parts new, except pickups and neck;[/size]

[size=4]Body - Deluxe 5 JBass®, Black Korina - £200[/size]
[size=4]Bridge - Black Schaller roller 5 - £75[/size]
[size=4]Neck - [color=#333333]Deluxe 5 neck with Goncalo Alves shaft, Pau Ferro fingerboard - £220[/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#333333]Tuners - Black Hipshot Ultralights - £100[/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#333333]Fender Noiseless Pickups - £50[/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#333333]Black Stack Knob control plate - £50[/color][/size]

[color=#333333]So all in, owes me approx £700 + the little bits (battery boxes, neck screws, string retainer etc - so another £40ish), also, the import duties that must have come to a good £150 for the various bits, so altogether knocking on £900ish outlaw. The control plate was put together as a custom spec with our very own Kiogon and is top quality. The body has been stained white and finished with Danish oil ontop of that. The bass really speaks for itself and easily plays like instruments that cost £1500/£2000 to buy. For a cash sale, I am looking for around £600, I would also listen to trades to a bass of lower value with at least £300 cash my way.[/color]

[color=#333333]Please see the pics, and ask any questions you may have! Apologies for the pics - if there is interest, I will upload some new ones taken in day light.[/color]

[size=4][color=#333333][/color][/size]

Edited by aj5string

If you are looking at this and tempted, feel free to shoot offers my way - worst I can do is say no!

Would consider going slightly higher on trade value/lower on cash but would want a minimum of £200. Priority for cash sale tho. Would also be most interested in fretless basses!

Bump for Warmoth quality. I built a Warmoth 5 string with swamp ash body and bird's eye maple neck/finger board and the B is tight and massive sounding. Even though they are 34 inch scale, their necks are very stiff which helps the B.

Good luck with the sale. The bass looks great

Cheers for all the positive words people - it really is a quality instrument. I have a 5 string Fender Jazz that I have had for a very long time and has seen me through a lot that I am considering putting up for sale instead of this.... buy it before I change my mind!

I am selling the whole bass - the cost break down is to give you an idea of outlay.

• 1 month later...