Why become a member? ×

SOLD!!!!! Roscoe Century std 4

Bassdude BE

[b][color=#ff8c00]Bass is now on hold for "[/color][url="http://basschat.co.uk/user/25029-gordon-thudmaster-may/"][color=#ff8c00]Gordon Thudmaster May[/color][/url][color=#ff8c00]" untill further notice! [/color][/b]

Hi,
due to some unexpected financial problems (see my sig) i'm selling/trading most of my recently aquired bass-gear.
In the end i hope to end up getting on
e good 5string bass and a cheaper amp/cab/combo set-up + some hard needed cash for a fridge and some other furniture i need to buy.

Anyway,
this probably isn't usefull information to any of you, but the point is that i have a near mint Roscoe 4string bass that plays and looks great that i'm looking to trade for a 5 string of around the same value, because i already sold my custom 5'er to pay for the rent/deposit. I will ofcourse also consider a straight sale so i can buy a 5 string myself.

I only got this beauty from Mark at Bassdirect on 30/09/2012 ,unfortunately a lot has changed in my personal life since then and i already had to sell my beloved 5 string Warwick to pay the down-payment for my new appartment. Allthough i'm loving this bass (all hail Roscoe! :yarr: )
i'm really missing that B-string and if i will have to do with only one bass for a while i'd rather have it being a 5 string than a 4 string, so here it goes.

[b]Spec's:[/b]

Century – Our largest body, excellent for 4, 5, 6, and 7 string basses, exceptionally well balanced on a strap.

Standard – Solid swamp ash body, “flat top” with arm and belly carve,
3-piece all quartersawn maple bolt-on neck with single-action trussrod and dual graphite rod reinforcement,
maple fingerboard, Bartolini 3-band preamp with Bartolini CB soapbar pickups,
Hipshot B-style bridge and ultralight tuners in satin chrome,
heavily padded gigbag included.

[url="http://www.roscoeguitars.com/century/century.html"]http://www.roscoegui...ry/century.html[/url]

[b]As to the condition of the bass:[/b]

I had the straplocks replaced with black Schaller straplocks, but doing that the area around the bottom straplock got a little scratched up (see picture) but you can't notice it at all when the strap is on there and the camera actually makes it looks worse than it is. As well the Shaller's as the original straplocks will come with the bass.

[b]Other than that the bass is in as new condition and she just had a pro set-up with Thomastik nickel flats and this sounds /plays awesome! This will probably be the most comfortable and easy to play 4 string you've ever played! ;)

Bass also comes with very thick padded Roscoe gigbag (made for Roscoe by TKL) and all original packaging and papers.[/b]

[attachment=122374:Roscoetop.jpg][attachment=122375:Roscoerear590.jpg][attachment=122376:Roscoehead.jpg][attachment=122377:Roscoeheadback.jpg][attachment=122378:Roscoefront.jpg][attachment=122379:Roscoeback.jpg][attachment=122380:DSCN0409.JPG][attachment=122381:DSCN0406.JPG][attachment=122382:DSCN0413.JPG][attachment=122383:DSCN0421.JPG]

[b]Cash sale price = 1000 GBP incl. U.K. shipment[/b]
[b]estimated trade value: 1100 GBP[/b]

[u]Will trade for:[/u]

- 5 or 6 string Roscoe
- 5 string ZON
- 5 string Marleaux
- Sandberg JJ/TT5
- 5 string Warwick
- 5 string Spector
- 5 string modern jazz type basses
- Genz Benz shuttle 6.2
- Genz Benz / Tecamp combo

I'm also selling/trading a new (haven't even unboxed it yet!) Barefaced S12V with silver cloth grill, no tweeter and matching roqsolid cover, and an almost brand new MXR M87 Bass-compressor.
All the above is also for sale or for trade for a Genz Benz Shuttle combo or tecamp puma 210 or 212 combo or cab (or similar) + cash.

Please PM if you're intrested,
it's hard for me to part with all this beautifull gear as i've only bought most of this gear over the last 8 weeks , but my girlfriend going totally crazy has forced me to move out and at the moment i just can't afford having this much money tied up in all this gear while i don't even have a fridge (or a 5 string for that matter... :yarr: )in my new appartment...

Mixed trades/sales are definitely an option as long as i end up with a decent 5 string + combo + a decent amount of cash in the end i'll be a happy man.

kind regards,
Peace & groovez!

Donovan

Edited by Bassdude BE

[quote name='andybassdoyle' timestamp='1351631931' post='1853589']
Bought a tecamp cab from Don earlier this year. Real gent and an excellent cab.
Good luck with this done, hope things pick up for you soon.
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi Andy,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]thanks a lot for your support. [/font][/color] ;)
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Allthough i'm sure it will work out somehow.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I will probably have to replace either the Roscoe or my brand new Barefaced Super 12 by a cheaper alternative for the time being, just to cover some of the costs,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]but as long as i can keep playing the bass and sound decent doing it that's a sacrifice i'm willing to make. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]A few months of hard work and overtime will probably get me through this and being alone again gives me the chance to practice my technique some more, gotta stay positive... [/font][/color] B)
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks again and keep rockin that XL612 and XS112! B)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Greets & Groovez,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Don[/font][/color]

[quote name='bobpalt' timestamp='1351765203' post='1855006']
This really is a bargain! I have the identical bass and wouldnt ever sell, its that good. Good luck with the sale.

Bob
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks bud,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The CS4 is indeed a magnificent instrument and i am now a convinced Roscoe fan, now if i could only find/trade a 5 string version of this bass that would be superb! [/font][/color] :)

[quote name='sunfish' timestamp='1351884120' post='1856648']
Lovely bass. Can you tell me the weight?
[/quote]

hi bud,
sorry but i just moved to a new appartment and i don't have a scale at my new place yet so i can't verify it right now,
but if i remember correctly it weighed in at about 3.8kg.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1352069407' post='1858479']
Shame this has to go dude. It's a stunner! I hope you find the right trade!
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks Shep,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]to be honest i'm still hoping a 5 string Roscoe will pop up, it's a small chance, but you never know.. [/font][/color] :)

* EDIT:Bass si now on hold for Gordon untill further notice. ;)

Edited by Bassdude BE