Why become a member? ×

Singing Wood, 6 string fretless

Kiwi

That's a pity - as you say the acoustic guitars are very nice looking.

TBH I'm not entirely convinced by the solid body electric in the Gallery either, and the small pictures don't do the awkward lines any favours.

I wouldn't feel happy about trying to get any luthier to make something they weren't comfortable with, I don't think either of you would be pleased with the end result. If you can get the wood you'll be much better off having it made by someone's who's work you know and trust.

What a shame, it was a nice idea to get something "home-grown" though.

[quote name='eude' post='250237' date='Jul 29 2008, 10:12 AM']Is it not possible to get New Zealand sourced woods shipped to one of the more reputable builders over here in the UK?

Eude[/quote]

When I was reading through the latest bits, that's was my first thought. Maybe some wood suppliers outside NZ (the USA or somewhere) would have NZ woods??

Keep up the good fight :)

[quote name='BigRedX' post='250418' date='Jul 29 2008, 01:29 PM']That's a pity - as you say the acoustic guitars are very nice looking.

TBH I'm not entirely convinced by the solid body electric in the Gallery either, and the small pictures don't do the awkward lines any favours.

I wouldn't feel happy about trying to get any luthier to make something they weren't comfortable with, I don't think either of you would be pleased with the end result. If you can get the wood you'll be much better off having it made by someone's who's work you know and trust.[/quote]

+1 from me. Never mind, plenty of other builds and projects on the horizon.