Why become a member? ×

Somebody else who hates introdutions but here goes...

itsmedunc

[size=4]Been playing bass for 30 odd years. Based in Blackburn Lancs. Played in a few bands around the north west of Enland. Did ok with a band alled 3 Men Gone Mad in the late 80's early 90's. Pottered about since then but I get together with a couple of lads twice a year to play Clash songs. Its good fun.[/size]
[size=4]Curently use - [/size]

[size=4]Fender Precision 2002 (CIJ)[/size]
[size=4]Custom built Gordon Smith precision style[/size]
[size=4]Custom built precision/jazz hybrid[/size]
[size=4]Westone Concorde[/size]
[size=4]Ibanez[/size]

[size=4]And I'm looking for a Westone Thunder 3. Sold mine like an idiot does![/size]

[size=4]David Eden World Series 2x combo with an Ashdown 4x cab[/size]
[size=4]Rat distortion[/size]
[size=4]Clone Theory Chorus[/size]
[size=4]Alesis midiverb 3 delay[/size]

[size=4]Anybody know anyone selling a Westone Thunder 3!!![/size]

[quote name='Leen2112' timestamp='1351262520' post='1849433']
Orite Dunc, Welcome to Basschat. Check out the for sale section, you never know what might pop up. I think the first Bass I recorded with (1989 ish) was a westone thunder and I remember thinking at the time it was a pretty good feeling Bass.
[/quote]

Hi, thanks for the welcome. I had the Westone for over 20 years. I got rid of it because I ended up playing so high up all the time I had forgot how to play bass!!! Silly to sell it though. The Thunder 3 have amazing versatility. Very heavy though and my backs not as good as it was in the 90's.

Thanks again...

Edited by itsmedunc

[quote name='BottomE' timestamp='1351279850' post='1849749']
Hi

You're braver than me as i never did an intro :rolleyes:

I'll watch your gear list grow now you are a member.

Have fun

Jerry
[/quote]

Hi, thanks for the welcome. Funny thing those introductions.... If I can remember all of it I will try and complile a list of the gear I used to have. I'm very happy with the Eden and the Ashdown cab I have now though. Thanks again...

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1351280447' post='1849757']
Hey Dunc,

Welcome to BC!

Share some wisdom and buy some basses!

:drinks:

best,
bert
[/quote]

Hi, thanks for the welcome. My Mrs wouldn't agree with you about buying more basses. I have to pretend I only have a few. I have them all over. Even got two in a reording studio in Belgium she doesn't know about!!.

If I find a Thunder 3 I'll let you know.
Thanks again...

Edited by itsmedunc

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1351338188' post='1850244']
Hi, thanks for the welcome. My Mrs wouldn't agree with you about buying more basses. I have to pretend I only have a few. I have them all over. Even got two in a reording studio in Belgium she doesn't know about!!.
[/quote]

Hiya
hiding basses, tut, tut lol. Westone Thunder! Never owned one of those, found a couple on Ebay recently, but didn't follow them. You're right they are heavy, but they did have good tone for their day. Hope you find a good one soon.

cheers
Ellie :facepalm:

I should stop visiting this forum... I tried halfheartedly to sell my Westone Thunder 3A for £300 about a year ago. It's still in the attic, I am a bit less strapped for cash, let me know if you are interested.

For sale, or to swap for a decent electric guitar. Actually, thanks itsmedunc, you may have inspired me to relist it, but I'll PM you first.

Jon.