Why become a member? ×

Little Mark ii fuse/main power problem?

KaBuKiM

Hi there, newbie Basschatter here. I have a problem with my MB Little Mark II, and I hope it's a small one. In order to define whether that's the case, I need some advice, so thanks in advance to everyone who helps. :)

I have this amp for around 5 years now. Yesterday, while playing a gig in Camden the power went out onstage. It was down for about two minutes and then the owner pulled a plug somewhere and everyone's amps came back to life... except mine of course. So I played DI and back home opened the fuse box to find out the fuse is black inside. I switched to the replaceble one (it was there since I bought the amp) - switched on and... a small "click" sound was heard and the amp would not switch on.
The second fuse was dead as well.
I bought another fuse, a slow-burning one (or however they're called) and tried the same thing - this time nothing happens. At all! No sound, no lights, no fan. Tried with different cable and the same. The fuse dows seems intact now.

So, my question is, am I completely screwed and should find a nice vase to put on top of the MB, or should I fix it (if the price is not completely bonkers)? If so, do you know any MB repairman around central-north London?

(also, one zipper of the MB case broke before the show. It's completely irrelevant but c'mon world, find someone else to kick around! I'm a good person, leave my good karma alone!)

Thanks again.

[quote name='KaBuKiM' timestamp='1350666362' post='1842089']
Hi there, newbie Basschatter here. I have a problem with my MB Little Mark II, and I hope it's a small one. In order to define whether that's the case, I need some advice, so thanks in advance to everyone who helps. :)

I have this amp for around 5 years now. Yesterday, while playing a gig in Camden the power went out onstage. It was down for about two minutes and then the owner pulled a plug somewhere and everyone's amps came back to life... except mine of course. So I played DI and back home opened the fuse box to find out the fuse is black inside. I switched to the replaceble one (it was there since I bought the amp) - switched on and... a small "click" sound was heard and the amp would not switch on.
The second fuse was dead as well.
I bought another fuse, a slow-burning one (or however they're called) and tried the same thing - this time nothing happens. At all! No sound, no lights, no fan. Tried with different cable and the same. The fuse dows seems intact now.

So, my question is, am I completely screwed and should find a nice vase to put on top of the MB, or should I fix it (if the price is not completely bonkers)? If so, do you know any MB repairman around central-north London?

(also, one zipper of the MB case broke before the show. It's completely irrelevant but c'mon world, find someone else to kick around! I'm a good person, leave my good karma alone!)

Thanks again.
[/quote]

Just check also if there is a fuse inside the actual amp itself. Don't know how this may help if that IS blown as well. It sounds like there may have been a big power surge down the line.
Maybe use one of those trip plugs next time there?

Funnily enough, I've just had exactly the same problem with my LM3. It was being used at our jam night on Thursday when it just died. I tracked it down to the small fuse on the power inlet and fitted the spare one, which blew immediately again!!!!
I phoned Promenade music in Morecambe where I bought it from and they said they would have it collected for repair. As I fancied a run out, we took it up there today and without asking I was given a courtesy amp to use until mine is repaired.

[IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q25/chopheadmick/BF3B0862-99EB-48FA-8E12-BCE582E6EDFB-1566-0000035C402C6160.jpg[/IMG]
I await news on the fault and will report back.

Cheers, Mick. B)

Edited by Big Mick

• 4 months later...