Why become a member? ×

I'm back in the Status fold

Angel

Well, the title says it all, I'm back with status after many years away. I'm a tart and I missed the LEDs! My old one was just too heavy (5 string), but my new 4 is just sublime on all fronts. I'm happy. I've not really played bass for a few years now but I feel very inspired again.

That's all.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1352199866' post='1859887']
Great stuff.

Thru-neck, or bolt on? What spec, woods, etc?
[/quote]
Its a figured Walnut body with a bolt-on neck (I couldn't quite afford the thru-neck :) ) - I've gone for the 16.5mm string spacing option. No LED's though - I'm not good enough to draw that much attention :)
I don't know where I'm going to find the patience to wait 18-20 weeks for delivery though - I'm already desperate to get my hands on it :D

Sounds great.

18-20 weeks? Wow, Rob use to have a 12 week order time, he must be doing great business these days.

I've got a lefty S2 thru-neck, 4 string finished in black, black hardware and ivory dots on the fingerboard. I love mine and I know that you will love yours, they are incredible instuments.

How much will it set you back?

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1352204059' post='1859958']
18-20 weeks? Wow, Rob use to have a 12 week order time, he must be doing great business these days.

I've got a lefty S2 thru-neck, 4 string finished in black, black hardware and ivory dots on the fingerboard. I love mine and I know that you will love yours, they are incredible instuments.

How much will it set you back?
[/quote]
That's what I thought when I was told I had to wait that long - I nearly spat out my coffee!!! :)
There must be some sort of status renaissance going on :D
I've always loved the sound of them - I saw Go West live in the 80's (I know - very cheesy :) ) and the session player they had was playing one and I thought it was the best sounding bass I'd ever heard. Around about the same time I got to borrow a 4 string version with a Walnut body off a the bass player who was in Dare at the time. I didn't want to hand it back lol!
It's setting me back just over £1800.

[quote name='Clarebear68' timestamp='1352207380' post='1860054']
That's what I thought when I was told I had to wait that long - I nearly spat out my coffee!!! :)
There must be some sort of status renaissance going on :D
I've always loved the sound of them - I saw Go West live in the 80's (I know - very cheesy :) ) and the session player they had was playing one and I thought it was the best sounding bass I'd ever heard. Around about the same time I got to borrow a 4 string version with a Walnut body off a the bass player who was in Dare at the time. I didn't want to hand it back lol!
It's setting me back just over £1800.
[/quote]

Wasn't that the lad ( who used to be in Dare) who used to work in the bass department in ABC on Oxford Road? I can't remember his name, but he'd usually be slapping away like a good 'un on one of the basses whenever I went in there. He always seemed like a nice chap, anyway.

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1352208374' post='1860089']
Wasn't that the lad ( who used to be in Dare) who used to work in the bass department in ABC on Oxford Road? I can't remember his name, but he'd usually be slapping away like a good 'un on one of the basses whenever I went in there. He always seemed like a nice chap, anyway.
[/quote]
You mean Nigel Clutterbuck (I think that was his surname anyway)? He replaced the guy I knew who was the original bassist - I think his name was Martin - it was a long time ago :) **just remembered ... he was called Shelly**
It was Nige who worked in A1 in the Bass department - a top bloke and hell of a bass player - although I think he got a bit of a slagging off on one of the threads on here for over-doing the bass "fireworks" at some music show.

Edited by Clarebear68

That was Nigel Clutterbuck? Ah, I see now- it's all starting to make sense. My memories of the 80s are a bit hazy nowadays, but come to think of it, I think he was called Nigel. He looked a lot younger in those days, but then again so did I. Decent fellow all round, anyway.

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1352209516' post='1860114']
That was Nigel Clutterbuck? Ah, I see now- it's all starting to make sense. My memories of the 80s are a bit hazy nowadays, but come to think of it, I think he was called Nigel. He looked a lot younger in those days, but then again so did I.
[/quote]
:) Me too - I even had hair then :D