Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer Neck-Thru 1988 Wenge emg 750 GBP now!!new pics and price!**SOLD**

seb

As the man said be cool, a Warwick NT is an absolute steal at the price, no dispute. But, an issue with the 'crack' could up the aquisition cost a couple of hundred squids to have it sorted, then not so inexpensive. Plus, the new owner would have to explain that away when moving the bass on sometime.

My advice, get it sorted then sell with impunity, or, put it to the Gallery for sorting and selling you get the balance.....Anyway you got it off your chest thats a start.

Yes i agree with that, i was in the same position when i bought it, probably i ll take to a luthier or send it to the warwick factory.
Untill then ad can be deleted, i ll be back soon probably with a "new" bass and price

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys, im back, i failed to visit a luthier but i ll soon do that, but i ve got some news, the bass has been dropped many years a go, so yes it is better to call it a crack, but as i said the truss rod was NOT affected, or at least it still does the job. Also i found some new pictures that show exactly the size of the crack.
Here they are :
http://s133.beta.photobucket.com/user/flaviusm/media/DSC_6616_zps5c59aac6.jpg.html?sort=4&o=0

Stunning bass, but that crack will need to be repaired as wenge is quite a brittle wood when it splinters, even though it's very tough normally - possibly due to the alternating slow and fast growing layers. It's maybe why Warwick uses tigerstripe ebony for fretless fingerboards. Seriously though, even with the repair, it's a steal...

Edited by XB26354

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1355469054' post='1898688']
IMHO the problem is likely down to the use of the word 'scratch', which means different things to different people, in different countries. [/quote]

[i]"'Tis but a scratch!!"[/i]