Why become a member? ×

TC RH450 + Markbass 151p

jayk

Im looking to buy this set up in a couple of weeks time, but firstly i know that im over powering the cab by 50w. As far as im aware i should be okay aslong as im not pushing my volume past, say... 3/4 is this correct ?

Secondly i have heard much praise about the TC heads but not much about the Markbass cab. Does anyone have any comments on this cab?

Or would i be better off going for one of the TC RS212 or 210's, bearing in mind ill only be running the one cab ?
Im looking for the most versatile set up, playing heavy rock in my main band and also performing in function bands and other jazz/funk/blues projects.

Cheers

Jake

Q1: No, you're wrong. The RH450 is @ 240 watts at 4 ohm & @ 180 at 8.
Best thing to do is forget everything you think you know about watts & just use your ears.
The RH450 is a loud amp, but the MarkBass cabs are pretty loud too.

Q2: I like the sound of MarkBass cabs (& amps too), but you might not. It's that personal preference thing ;)
Best advice is to go & play through both (& others too) to see what you prefer. :)

I like the sound of Markbass cabs as well. Finally got round to buying Markbass gear and am so glad I did. The cabs seem to have a great low-end, but without the boom/flub that can sometimes accompany a decent low-end. For ages I`d see bassists using Markbass gear and loved the sound they obtained, how well it sat in the mix. I think thats the key really, if you see a good few people using something and like it, it`s a fair indication you`ll get on with it yourself.