Why become a member? ×

Ibanez launches new Promethean model P3110 (300W)

Grand Wazoo

The new combo features a completely rev"amp"ed enclosure and there are quite a few differences between the new and the old combo.

The new one now features a balanced XLR line out to a PA or mixer, a tweeter on / off switch and a limiter switch. However it loses the mute switch and the 6 bands graphic eq, the "Vibe" knob has been replaced by another knob called "Phat" perhaps that is the same thing with a different name. Also the power has been downsized from 500W to 300W.

Personally, while I love the shape of the new combo design, I still prefer the fact that the previous model has the graphic eq and the mute switch, and I can't see what use would be to have a limiter on such a small speaker enclosure, and as far as I am concerned I never needed to have the tweeter off. But I guess more demanding people have been asking for that feature for sometime.

here is the link to the official Ibanez website [url="http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/amp_page12.php?area_id=3&ampl_id=78&year=2012&cat_id=5&series_id=41"]http://www.ibanez.co...=5&series_id=41[/url]

[i][size=6][u][b][color=#00FF00]P.S.: Thomann sells it for £293.19 delivered free! Bargain! [/color][url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_p3110.htm"][color=#00FF00]http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_p3110.htm[/color][/url][/b][/u][/size][/i]

[size=5][b]The P5110[/b][/size]

[size=5][b]The P3110[/b][/size]

[size=5][b]The P5110 Head[/b][/size]

[size=5][b][/b][/size]

[size=5][b]The P3110 Head[/b][/size]

Edited by Grand Wazoo

The new design is cool...

I don't see the point in the spec tweaks, though FWIW the lack of a mute doesn't bother me as I always use mute-able jacks. The EQ is handy for scooping a bit of boxiness out during solo noodling.

Still, it's a strange update..

(Also, the DI isn't a new addition)

Wow, that's pretty cool!
I personally like the changes, I much prefer a simpler EQ section.
The limiter would be cool too, as I do occasionally over power the front section and have had the speaker fart out a bit on those "how loud does this thing really go" moments...
I just don't understand why they didn't make a 12" version :(

I don't think the head is removable anymore, and the tilt back stand looks like it might be missing too.
These are both pretty major selling points, I think the fact that they aren't mentioned means they aren't there...

Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1349699258' post='1829199']
Wow, that's pretty cool!
I personally like the changes, I much prefer a simpler EQ section.
The limiter would be cool too, as I do occasionally over power the front section and have had the speaker fart out a bit on those "how loud does this thing really go" moments...
I just don't understand why they didn't make a 12" version :(

I don't think the head is removable anymore, and the tilt back stand looks like it might be missing too.
These are both pretty major selling points, I think the fact that they aren't mentioned means they aren't there...

Eude
[/quote]

They should have made a 12 inch cab version with a variables tweeter and the same 500 w head with a few tweaks. I'd pay good money for that!

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1349699545' post='1829211']
They should have made a 12 inch cab version with a variables tweeter and the same 500 w head with a few tweaks. I'd pay good money for that!
[/quote]

Yup, real shame that.
I've been considering selling my Promethean lately, partly just for a bit of a change, but I really miss the little bit more oomph you get from a 12" compared to 10".
The thing looks like a very cool design, but it looks very much like the 1x15 combo that came out a few months ago, they've cheapened the thing a bit :(

Eude