Why become a member? ×

If you could make your own basses would sell your old ones?

CHRISDABASS

Hi

Ever since i started building my own guitars / basses i seem to want to play them exclusively and all my other instruments just get left on the stand!! should i sell them and put the money back into the business - more builds etc?

what would you do?

pic of progress on the latest builds attached :)

[attachment=120190:photo 2.JPG]

Thanks steve! :)

I need to get a better camera and get some quality shots sorted! For now all i have is iphone pics! I'll get some more up soon though :)

The ones in that pic will both have one piece rosewood necks!! Cant wait to get them finished! The bass will be super lightweight too as the body is weighing in at 4lbs and thats before its contoured etc! :)

I still have Sadowsky & Valenti 5 strings but sadly they dont get much play time! As soon as i build a 5 i think they're doomed!! Lol :)

Knowing i could build 3 - 4 basses for the price of a sadowsky is the only reason i'm considering selling really! Hmmmm

If the bass I built sounds good, is versatile, reliable, looks great and plays well, then why keep the others? especially if I needed need the money. Sentimental value maybe, and Steve makes a good point about using them as a benchmark.
If it doesn't satisfy these criteria, maybe a bit more r&d is needed, but that costs money. Catch 22 <_<

Yours look great btw :)