Why become a member? ×

Manchester bassist seeks wine-bar vibe...

solo4652

Folks,

I'm looking for a covers band playing groove-based pop, soul, indie, funky stuff, preferably fronted by a female singer. Sort of a wine-bar vibe without being elevator music or too mushy. Don't really want loud, 2-guitar classic rock, or anything too blokey or testosterone-fuelled, thank you.

I have loads of time available for practice, rehearsals and gigs. I'm mature and reliable, and I learn songs before rehearsals - yes!

Open to all suggestions and ideas,

Steve

Hi Steve,
1) I thought you were sorted!
2) Not many of those type of bands around our area as there aren't many wine bars anymore. ;)

Just joking on point 2. I think I know what you are after and I'll keep my ears open.

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='BassBunny' timestamp='1349348155' post='1824984']
Hi Steve,
1) I thought you were sorted!
2) Not many of those type of bands around are area as there aren't many wine bars anymore. ;)

Just joking on point 2. I think I know what you are after and I'll keep my ears open.
[/quote]

Hello mate,

1) Well, I'm looking for something that's a better fit with my natural likes to run alongside the rock covers band.
2) Exactly! There are loads of pub-rock bands but not many cool-vibe female-singer outfits.

Thanks for keeping me in mind,

Steve

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1349349529' post='1825020']
MB1.
Whine Bar?
A shop thats previously gone out of business that now has a tacky veranda and chairs outside!
Serving overpriced warm bottled beer.
(Perfect for those warm evenings in sunny Mancunia).
[/quote]

Hi Martin!

Yep - that's the sort of thing! Something called "Spanky's", just opposite the train station, with a bin outside sponsored by McDonalds.

[quote name='solo4652' timestamp='1349352636' post='1825118']
Hi Martin!

Yep - that's the sort of thing! Something called "Spanky's", just opposite the train station, with a bin outside sponsored by McDonalds.
[/quote]

McDonalds sponsor bins as well now? Is that to cut out the middle-man, ie. the customer?

• 2 weeks later...