Why become a member? ×

Lakland DJ5 - Black sparkle (SOLD)

NancyJohnson

[color=#000000]I have my Lakland Skyline DJ5 up for sale - £900 shipped. [/color]

[color=#000000]It's finished in b[/color][color=#000000]lack sparkle, maple neck/rosewood board/with pearl blocks. Dunlop straplocks (I’ll supply the strap fittings at well), OHSC. Pretty much minty barring a tiny circular surface chip (c.2mm across - see last photo). The pickguard is a replacement Jeannies, great fit, no additional holes (I have the original three ply white pickguard somewhere which I'll dig out if a buyer wants it). I don't know whether the pickups are Aeros, Fralins or Lakland (if someone would care to enlighten me, I'd be please to check).[/color]

[color=#000000]Soundwise, I’m obviously going to say it’s huge, aren’t I? You know these basses well enough. I used it on two of my recent recordings which you can find here: [/color][url="http://www.nancyjohnson.co.uk/"][color=#0000FF]www.nancyjohnson.co.uk[/color][/url][color=#000000] ([i]Staying In[/i] was clean/straight into the recorder and [i]The Boy Just Loves (Being a Girl) [/i]was through a Sansamp BDDI).[/color]

[color=#000000]Why am I selling? Twofold. I guess primarily I’m really just not playing five stringers at all and haven't done so in some time - I moved on a Bongo 5HH a couple of months back - plus, I have my eye on a NR Gibson Thunderbird reissue due at the end of October.[/color]

[color=#000000]It's a beautiful bass. Any questions, give me a shout.[/color]

[color=#000000]Cheers[/color]
[color=#000000]P[/color]

[quote name='rapscallion' timestamp='1348759038' post='1817826']
I've been considering 5 strings for a while now... and this would be the way to do it
[/quote]

This was one of my first ventures into the 5 string world and i was spoilt by that awesome, beautiful, smooth neck, amongst other things, the americans sure know how to do a bass neck, mmmmmmmmmmm,

For the uninitiated, IMHO the Aero pick-ups in these basses were/are astoundingly good. Massive output from them and cut through a band mix like nothing I've ever heard before.

I doubt I'd ever let my DJ5 go unless financial ruin was imminent.

• 3 weeks later...