Why become a member? ×

He's been inspired by Warwick

basslowdown

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Phil-pro-Korean-bass-with-full-set-up-on-new-Johnny-Brook-strings-/190738588285?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2c68e7e27d

this one makes a cracking read ;) i like how he decides to angle the tuners `toward the driver` thus leaving 4 unnecessary holes in the back of the headstock, in his own words `dead weird!!`

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1350760336' post='1843278']
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Phil-pro-Korean-bass-with-full-set-up-on-new-Johnny-Brook-strings-/190738588285?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2c68e7e27d"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c68e7e27d[/url]

this one makes a cracking read ;) i like how he decides to angle the tuners `toward the driver` thus leaving 4 unnecessary holes in the back of the headstock, in his own words `dead weird!!`
[/quote]
I've got one of these Basses but it has Westfield on it where his has Phil Pro. I saw another on here not long ago with Rogue on it instead. Both the Phil Pro and the Rogue had the same neck, where as my Westfield has matching paint (the same metallic grey) and a slightly different headstock. There were loads of them about when I bought mine new for £200, so his price is a bit steep. I also had the same problem with the bridge setting, I ended up having to shim the neck. The electrics in it were nasty and I had to replace the pots and socket. The reason for his miss-matched knob might be due to the plastic ones that came on it that broke as soon as you looked at 'em.
It does play beautifully though, I love it to bits.

[quote name='spinynorman' timestamp='1350777910' post='1843500']
I hope you [font=Arial][size=4]dropped the bridge height first as a safety precaution against making major blunders[/size][/font].
[/quote]
The saddles were flat on the deck, which is how that Mark bloke described them, there was nowhere for them to go. I'd done the truss rod and shaved some off the nut, too. Shimming the neck wasn't a problem and can easily be undone if needed, though it's fine now. The only other options would have been to grind some off the bottom of the saddles or route and sink the bridge into the body. But, like I say, shimming sorted it.

He seems to be fond of oiling the pot's are you not supposed to put some sort of. Contact cleaner on them that won't attract dust and gunk, I'm sure you can't just spray them with wd40. He seems fixated on machine heads now and putting them at strange angles leaving the instrument looking like some poor infant with grotesquely misshapen teeth.