Why become a member? ×

G'day!

charliethornton

Hey everybody!

My names Charlie Thornton, I'm a bass player studying in London but I live in St.Albans in Hertfordshire. I'm a very passionate bass player heavily into gospel music with a side portion of jazz and fusion, however I love everything musical! I'm new on this forum but I'm excited to get to know more bass players so we can talk about all things bassy! Follow me on twitter if you wish [twitter]thorntoncharlie[/twitter]!

I'm currently playing a Warwick Thumb NT (for sale, check the for sale forum) but I also use a Fender Jazz Bass (frettless w/ Badass Bridge), Yamaha 5 string (one of the BB series, can't remember the exact modal number as it's in the shop having a new jack fitted!) a Schecter Diamond 5 and a 4 string Squire Jazz (used for drop tuning and bashing around). I have a Trace Elliot Series 5 Combo and a Warwick Sweet 15.3.

I will soon be upgrading all my gear once I've put my hard earned cash together! So you should soon be seeing me with a shiny 6 string contemporary jazz bass from the great guys at Overwater paired nicely with a bitta Markbass and possibly a Vanderkley cab!

Looking forward to talking to you all :)

[quote name='charliethornton' timestamp='1348601592' post='1815899']
hahaha brilliant ;) i was feeling a bit sheepish and didnt manage to spark conversations with several people that i wanted to. was a shame!
[/quote]

I guess we were all pretty busy gassing and flitting from one bass to another and one corner of the room to another, while taking lots of photos on an assortment of devices ranging from huge DSRLs to non-smart mobile phones :D

Edited by bluejay