Why become a member? ×

HK 7 string bass??

Bill

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]
Hi Guys,

I'm normally a 5-string player, but recently a friend of mine has lent me this 'HK' 7-string bass to play with (he's actually selling it!) i don't know too much about 7-string basses.. This one has Kent Armstrong pickups installed in it, and to be honest the tone is quite versatile! and fairly growly on the lower strings.. can anyone tell me more information on it, if they have heard of this brand of bass before? although i'm pretty sure they are budget versions of 7-string basses as the price for sale is £450..

Here is a clip i recorded today of me noodling/finding my way around it!

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxwChciHJKo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxwChciHJKo[/url]

Do you think i should buy it???

Thanks,

Bill :-)[/font][/color]

There are a few threads on here about them and a couple people owned/own them

Dread Bass has one,

I'm in the market for a 7 string in the near future now, (or an 8) looking to tune F# to F on an 8 string.

Been oohing and eering for ages but starting to feel now is the time (though my wallet disagrees!)

German company, made in the east and shipped over, rather inconsistant quality from what I here. Same factory that supplies Woodo and similar companies,

If I'm correct they are no longer produced as HK now deals with a different factory

Edited by AttitudeCastle

[quote name='Bill' timestamp='1348371898' post='1812827']
Thanks man.. i'm considering it! but would like to make the jump to a 6 string first rather than the 7 string.
[/quote]

I made the jump from 4 to 6 and had a harder time than you seem to be with the 7! They don't come about often so I reckon you should go for it for sure :)