Why become a member? ×

Rammstein are headlining download next year.

RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

Sonisphere 2010 had the same headliners.

I'd played and heard a couple of Rammstein tracks but didn't know much about them. I would say that a large proportion of the crowd were the same.

During the gig, got talking to a real old campaigner Maiden fan (think he clocked a rare Maiden (Nodding Donkeys) t-shirt from an undercover pub gig they played in Norwich that I'd been too and was wearing) and his comment was 'I've followed Maiden for well over 20 years and I've never seen anything like this, I don't know how they'll (maiden) follow it tomorrow."

The crowd were absolutely gripped by the show, you couldn't take your eyes away. This was to such an extent that a large proportion of the crowd were still hanging around watching the crew start to strip down the set because we still thought something else was going to happen. Suffice to say my mate (guitarist) and I spent the next few weeks gibbering on about just what an amazing show Rammstein put on.

Since then I've seen them at the O2, which was also fantastic. Though if pyro is your thing, go for an outside gig, bigger, hotter, higher and louder. At Download I suspect they may cause problems for the aircraft coming into the nearby airport...

Did Maiden follow it? Well I think the two bands approach things very differently. Rammstein put on a fantastic show (best I've seen) and have some very good songs, Maiden were on great form and played a fantastic GIG and that's a different thing (plus, they've got a few absolute landmark songs up their sleeve.) Enjoyed both immensely and so glad we ditched the awful and over rated Motley Crue early to see Rammstein up close!

Haven't been to Donnington since the Monsters of Rock days, going back this year...

[quote name='redbandit599' timestamp='1348345837' post='1812698']
Sonisphere 2010 had the same headliners.

I'd played and heard a couple of Rammstein tracks but didn't know much about them. I would say that a large proportion of the crowd were the same.

During the gig, got talking to a real old campaigner Maiden fan (think he clocked a rare Maiden (Nodding Donkeys) t-shirt from an undercover pub gig they played in Norwich that I'd been too and was wearing) and his comment was 'I've followed Maiden for well over 20 years and I've never seen anything like this, I don't know how they'll (maiden) follow it tomorrow."

The crowd were absolutely gripped by the show, you couldn't take your eyes away. This was to such an extent that a large proportion of the crowd were still hanging around watching the crew start to strip down the set because we still thought something else was going to happen. Suffice to say my mate (guitarist) and I spent the next few weeks gibbering on about just what an amazing show Rammstein put on.

Since then I've seen them at the O2, which was also fantastic. Though if pyro is your thing, go for an outside gig, bigger, hotter, higher and louder. At Download I suspect they may cause problems for the aircraft coming into the nearby airport...

Did Maiden follow it? Well I think the two bands approach things very differently. Rammstein put on a fantastic show (best I've seen) and have some very good songs, Maiden were on great form and played a fantastic GIG and that's a different thing (plus, they've got a few absolute landmark songs up their sleeve.) Enjoyed both immensely and so glad we ditched the awful and over rated Motley Crue early to see Rammstein up close!

Haven't been to Donnington since the Monsters of Rock days, going back this year...
[/quote]

You've convinced me.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='redbandit599' timestamp='1348345837' post='1812698']

[b]This was to such an extent that a large proportion of the crowd were still hanging around watching the crew start to strip down the set because we still thought something else was going to happen. [/b]
[/quote]

I was part of that crew!
That gig was Rammstein's last for that world tour so the Pyro guys used up as much of their leftover stock as they could get away with to save having to transport it back home again.

It was a great show, and a good weekend.

I remember that after I'd finished the turnaround from Rammstein to Maiden at about 11am I headed back to my hotel and the next door Wetherspoon's for breakfast but they'd run out of everything except baked beans and hash browns so I ended up having triple beans, 8 hash browns and two pints - Breakfast of champions!

[quote name='bluesparky' timestamp='1349247781' post='1823708']
That gig was Rammstein's last for that world tour so the Pyro guys used up as much of their leftover stock as they could get away with to save having to transport it back home again.
[/quote]

Sound like my kinda guys! Great logic!!

• 2 weeks later...