Why become a member? ×

FS/FT - Parker USA Fly Bass, flametop, very very rare. £1450

robocorpse

Yes, this is the same one Voodoosnake was advertising recently.
I took it off his hands as I had always wanted to try one of them out, but it's just not right for me.
After some research, it would appear this is rarer than I thought, and might be one of only 3 or 4 made in this config, out of a total production run of around 300 units.
It is March 2003 and the neck is straight as an arrow.

(Please excuse glare on forearm part of body on 1st and 2nd pic, this is a light reflection.)

[attachment=118892:picta 1513 (Large).jpg][attachment=118893:picta 1516 (Large).jpg][attachment=118895:picta 1520 (Large).jpg][attachment=118896:picta 1521 (Large).jpg][attachment=118897:picta 1525 (Large).jpg][attachment=118894:picta 1519 (Large).jpg]

Slim Jazz profile graphite neck, Parker gigbag, hangtags and tools.

Sitka spruce body with quilted maple face and back
Custom Monorail II bridge
Graphite neck, 34" scale, 24 hardened stainless steel frets.
Carbon/Epoxy fingerboard, 10-15" conical radius
Sperzel tuners
1.6" nut width
String spacing 0.750" at bridge, 0.442" at nut
Polyurethane finish
Di-Marzio custom wound active pickups plus 4 element Fishman piezo
Weight 7.75 pounds
Plays beautifully and looks absolutely stunning. Couple of little dinks (one on headstock, one on bottom rear, in pic 5 and pic 6), but pretty much mint aside from these.
As far as anyone can tell, there are less than 5 of these in existence in flametop.
Looking for [s]1500[/s] 1450, or part-ex for other equipment plus cash.

Looking for:
Musicman Stingray or Big Al
Ampeg HLF410 or 610
Jackson thru neck bass
Charvel Model 2B/3B thru neck bass
Peavey 5150 guitar head
Charvel Model 5 or Model 6 guitar
Charvel "Wildcard" hotrod single p/up version
Jackson Soloist (thru neck)
Jackson RR (thru neck)
Jackson
Possibly consider other stuff, depending what it is, but prefer cash, or part-cash.

Edited by robocorpse

• 2 weeks later...

It's just not for me, I have big hands, and I tend to get thumb cramp on shallow neck profiles. It plays like a dream, but I can only do about 15 minutes before my thumb starts aching. It's a shame really, if it wasn't for that, I would have kept this and used the heck out of it!

• 2 weeks later...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Weekend bump, there was a lot of interest in this last time round, where you all hiding? [/font][/color] :)
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Sensible offers and part trades considered. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this bass, just not my cup of tea![/color][/font]

Hi

I'm new to the site and noticed your parker - I've always been curious about these as Steve Swallow plays one - I think his might have been the prototype devloped by ken parker - anyway - I've got a mint Rosco Beck 5 string jazz - never gigged, fender tweed case - lovely instrument but I have the reverse problem to you - small hands and as a result this neck is a bit of "handful" . Its got a carbon fibre reinforced neck with a pao ferro board incidentally. It was described as the best non-active 5 string on the market when it came out . I'd be interested in a trade.

cheers

Oz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...