Why become a member? ×

Fender FSR Precision - How special is the run?

rushers

So I went into Wunjo's Bass centre on Denmark street today and after spying the same one in a local shop back home, I HAD to try out this mother.

The guys in there gave me a great deal and I now want the bass more than air...

However, not easy to pull that kind of money together quickly!

So my question for you is, how limited are the FSR runs?

If you'd like a new Precision, is there a better example? Isn't this something you have to buy?

Anything to sell? Overtime? Bank? Dad got any money?

The bigger question is whether you wait for the feeling to pass or go for it.

(I just waited a similar time for a Pre-EB 'Ray, of course it went. The bass. I'm now stuck with a feeling of regret which I'm worried will not!)

[quote name='LemonCello' timestamp='1348124744' post='1809506']
I've recently scored the wine red/rosewood version. Apparantly 150 were made, 45 got to Europe and 9 to the UK. The first 50 were signed by the VP quality control at the Corona plant (all of these stayed in the US I'm told).

Nothing to say Fender won't do another run at a later date,

LC
[/quote]

I wouldn't say they all stayed in the US. My mate's just picked up a 2012 FSR Precision (With maple board, like it should be :D) and the serial is 004. Not sure if it's signed, i'll have to ask him later.

Liam

Edit: It is signed by Jeff Allen, Head of Production at Fender's Corona plant in California.

Edited by LiamPodmore

• 1 month later...

Excuse the old thread hijack - but I've been eyeing up one of these - Does anyone know how the 2012 FSR precisions compare to 2012 American Standard (which is a quite a bit more expensive in some stores)? Are they "as good", basically the same spec with a nice paint job etc?

And are these also USA made?

Basically I'm gassing for a P bass and a bit confused by all the fender permutations. I won't be able to try before I buy - so any advice is appreciated.

Cheers m'dears

[quote name='BluRay' timestamp='1352036376' post='1857979']
Basically I'm gassing for a P bass and a bit confused by all the fender permutations. I won't be able to try before I buy - so any advice is appreciated.
[/quote]You & me both.

Tried a load yesterday & the one I like most seemed to be a 79 Bitsa (non Fender body, non standard pups but a good neck and sound). The newer ones tried, admittedly elsewhere & through a different amp included 2011 Standard & Special, and an FSR, which of the three new ones I preferred.

Wish I'd managed the catch the one in FS that flew Saturday afternoon, but I think I really need to try before I buy rather than just dive in.

[quote name='LemonCello' timestamp='1348124744' post='1809506']
I've recently scored the wine red/rosewood version. Apparantly 150 were made, 45 got to Europe and 9 to the UK. The first 50 were signed by the VP quality control at the Corona plant (all of these stayed in the US I'm told).

Nothing to say Fender won't do another run at a later date,

LC
[/quote]

Good, so you will need to get some funds back by selling the Burgundy Mist then ;)
(thread hijack, but bump)

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1352147860' post='1859446']
Good, so you will need to get some funds back by selling the Burgundy Mist then ;)
(thread hijack, but bump)
[/quote]

Ha...Yes. I bought a PA today so well and truly cleaned out! I've also just ordered a neck pup ash tray for the 'mist' just to kinda complete the look. I've given her a good clean, fretboard oil and raised the bridge pup which was completely flush with the body when I bought her.

She 'plays' better than any of my other basses, quick neck and low buzz free action. I'd be very sorry to see her go!

You've put me in a right quandary!

LC

[quote name='LemonCello' timestamp='1352148907' post='1859470']
Ha...Yes. I bought a PA today so well and truly cleaned out! I've also just ordered a neck pup ash tray for the 'mist' just to kinda complete the look. I've given her a good clean, fretboard oil and raised the bridge pup which was completely flush with the body when I bought her.

She 'plays' better than any of my other basses, quick neck and low buzz free action. I'd be very sorry to see her go!

You've put me in a right quandary!

LC
[/quote]

Mhw ha ha :ph34r:
Bump.