Why become a member? ×

Fretless Vintage V4 Precision for sale. £100 delivered. Now sold

Sambrook

[attachment=118271:DSCF1230.JPG][attachment=118272:DSCF1231.JPG][attachment=118273:DSCF1232.JPG][attachment=118274:DSCF1233.JPG][attachment=118275:DSCF1234.JPG][attachment=118276:DSCF1235.JPG]This was an experiment that has worked quite well. I wanted to defret a bass without leaving fretlines. Here's what I did:
Defretted, then filled in 7/8ths of the fretlines with walnut wood filler
Sanded the board, then stained it with Ronseal black ebony woodstain
Sanded again, then filled the ends of the fretlines with maple woodfiller
Coated the board with Rustin's plastic resin finish
This has resulted in an unlined fretless board with 'cheat' lines on the top edge, and very hard wearing. You have to look quite closely to tell it's not the original finish.
It sounds great with La Bella flats on, although I'm selling it with some budget rounds on.
I want £100 delivered for this. The bass itself I got on here from Mr Foxen in exchange for the Wishbass with woodworm. It's in excellent condition.

I'm having trouble uploading pics. I will email them to any interested parties, and try to fix the problem meantime.

Edited by Sambrook

[quote name='Sambrook' timestamp='1347606753' post='1802904']
It says I've exceeded my global upload limit (35 Mb or something like that). Can anyone help me with that? I'm technologically challenged.
[/quote]

Open any old posts that have photos - Edit --Full edit and then delete photos! We all should do this on old posts to save space on the forum!