Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WARWICK THUMB BASS NT 1986 AMAZING!

fernandobicho

[font=Arial][size=2][color=#000000]Hi for sale it's my beloved WARWICK THUMB BASS 1986/87[/color][/size][/font]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=2]This is one of the first Thumb's .[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=2]Saddly I have to sell some of my basses. :([/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=2]This is the mail I've received from Warwick's boss, whem I've bought the bass a few years ago.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=2]Any question feel free to ask. Thank you[/size][/font][/color]

[i]Dear Mr. Fernando Bicho,[/i]
[i][i]thanks for your mail and your Thumb is on of the earliest Thumb NT Basses[/i]
[i]and for this condition..[/i]
[i]- year I am pretty sure your Bass is from 1986....I would say as following :[/i]
[i]- Bass Thumb Bass NT 4 string[/i]
[i]Serial Number D 130 86, Year 1986 Month April Number 130[/i]
[i]Neck Wood Wenge with Bubinga Lamination[/i]
[i]Fingerboard Wenge with Dots inlays, Frets Bronce Warwick Frets , Nut Just a Nut Brass Version[/i]
[i]Neck construction NeckThrough hiddenneck construction[/i]
[i]Body 3 pcs. solid Bubinga, Surface Oil Finish[/i]
[i]Pickups 2 x JJ ative EMG Pickups, Electronic 2 Band Electronic by MEC[/i]
[i]Hardware Black Hardware (still with Schaller Pegs)[/i][/i]

[i]It is a personal guess the bass is from 1986, maybe early 1987, can be too, but not for shure 88. It is the number 130 and witch I believe, one of the earliest basses already with the longer horn and this was up from the serial number 100 or 110... so it is possible end of 86 latest 87 but not later... stil I believe it is 86[/i]

[i]The condition is like new.. unbelievable..[/i]
ask 1500 euros plus shipping

thank you

Edited by fernandobicho

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1347469617' post='1801323']
The serial number is D 1303 not D 130! It is however one of those nice enigmatic 'transition' basses that retains the early sculpted headstock and tuning post grommets but with the later 2 piece bridge.
[/quote]

my 1988 NT4 has the same headstock etc and 2 piece bridge but has the date stamped into the headstock below the serial number - so does my 1990.
nice bass.