Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Rivoli bridge problem...

Bassmonkey

Hiya - decided to use my Epiphone Rivoli after it's gathered dust for a while. New strings, polished frets, lemon oiled neck. Noticed when I tightened the strings that the E string was too high. Then noiced that on the 3 point bridge, the back 2 posts are pulling out of the body. Tried pushing back in, slackening off, raising and lower the front point and then putting strings on in different orders but as soon as I tighten any of them, the posts pull out. They feel like they could be a bit tighter in their holes but not sure whether I am doing something wrong or even whether I should glue them in? any thoughts folks? Cheers Andy

My thinking was the stud inserts will have grooves / indents. PVA wood glue would set into these grooves / indents and wedge the inserts in. Should removal ever be needed they could be heated up and break the glue down. Agree - Araldite / epoxy combined with roughening the inserts - fixed for life.

A rivoli you say? Ah, thats a terminal issue, just sell it to me cheaply :)

On a serious note i had the same issue with an Epiphone LP bass. The luthier i took it too use wooden slat type inserts to 'fill out' the holes. Worked a treat. Need a rivoli in my stable, very nearly pulled the trigger on the tasty one at Bass Gallery

[quote name='Pow_22' timestamp='1347392671' post='1800259']
A rivoli you say? Ah, thats a terminal issue, just sell it to me cheaply :)

On a serious note i had the same issue with an Epiphone LP bass. The luthier i took it too use wooden slat type inserts to 'fill out' the holes. Worked a treat. Need a rivoli in my stable, very nearly pulled the trigger on the tasty one at Bass Gallery
[/quote]

That made me laugh! Thx guys - I used Superglue and it seems to have fixed the issue. Still baffled as to why they suddenly loosened but at least they now appear stable again. Appreciate the advice. Cheers Andy