Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass New York 604 Thoughts

Rumple

On a day when I should really be sitting in the garden soaking up the last of the summer sun I find myself surfing for lightweight cabs and came across the Mark Bass New York 4x6 :D

Does anyone own or have tried the 604 and care to share their thoughts? it's small and lightweight but does that mean it lacks depth?

I did try going Neo once before with an EBS 212 but sold it for something more traditional sounding it seemed quite agressive and had a mid range focus, I play in a rock covers band.

R.

My main gigging rig was two Markbass 604's to form a mini 8x10 .
There certainly is no lack of depth as these will easily fill the room with a deep "subby " sound which seems to contradict the small 6 inch speakers and they are incredibly loud for their size. Very portable too and a very easy lift.
The only issue with Markbass cabs are they tend to get lost or swamped if playing in a busy rock band , hence the purchase of a Vanderkley 2x12 which cuts through the double guitar onslaught .
Just my 2p.

[quote name='martin8708' timestamp='1347484278' post='1801601']
hence the purchase of a Vanderkley 2x12
[/quote]

Funnily enough I was looking at those on the Bass Direct site yesterday, especially the 2x12, do you have the one where the speakers are stacked on top of each other or offset? I have a bit of an aversion to red which puts me off them a little though :D

The Vanderkley has two vertically aligned speakers . Mark from Bassdirect was selling the Bergantano 2x12 like hot cakes and asked Marc Vanderkley to build a 2x12 as well. The red is not really a huge problem ,and is watered down by the black grill in front of it . I think it looks better than yellow speakers ( and I really like Markbass stuff ) and in subdued pub lighting it gives the cab a unique appearance , most people remark how clear the bass is without having to really crank up the volume .