Why become a member? ×

TRADED: 2010 Stingray 5 - VGC

Gust0o

Afternoon all - apologies for my limited availability, I've just changed jobs and am now working out on the road. It's made me very hit and miss for PMs, for which I'll apologise.

This bass has now been traded. I hope risingson enjoys it as much as I did! :)

-------------------------

Afternoon all.

For sale/trade, one Stingray 5 string - Black body with Maple board. 2010 model and in very good condition.

Pics to follow, but a full breakdown of the spec can be found [url="http://www.music-man.com/instruments/basses/stingray-5.html"]here[/url].

Comes with Musicman hardcase and spare (used) EB strings.

Price is £1050 cash. Low-balling offers will be treated with disdain, but serious and reasonable offers will get the respect they deserve.

Trades are available,and I will look to balance out the cash depending on how the deal looks. Considering the following:[list]
[*]Musicman Stingray 4
[*]Musicman Stingray 4 - all-black Limited Edition
[*]Musicman Stingray 4 - SLO Special
[*]Other EB 4-strings
[*]Zon 4-string - Sonus or Legacy?
[*]Gibson Les Paul 4-string
[*]BC Rich USA Eagle 4-string
[*]Spector Rex 4-string
[*]Warwick 4-string of some description (maybe the Corvette $$?)
[*]Fender Jaguar
[*]Fender Jazz Special (Duff me!)
[*]Fender Jazz or P Aerodyne
[*]Yamaha BB
[*]Rickenbacker
[/list]
[b]Edit: [/b]Should also say, [i]long-scale only please[/i]. My bad, should have said.

Or combinations of cheaper variants of the above (e.g. Sub, etc) in multiples or with cash. I'm a little more open to trade discussions, so please try me. My minimum is that all should be good condition.

Based in York. Collection preferred, naturally - not least as I drove 350 miles last time, and figure it's someone elses turn... but also because it gives people a chance to try and make their mind up; oh, and comes with free tea/coffee and a choice of bacon or sausage butty.

How about a 63 EB3 refinshed by the legendary Bass Doctor and sounding great (I have 2 and an EB2 and a Thunderbird)

No headstock break and has a very thin, fast neck great for those Jack Bruce and Andy Fraser moments and comes with a Gibson Shaped case

Plus I live 12 miles from York !

Great video, John. I'm going to decline on the EB3, however - the wife has a short-scale EB0, which I thought would servce proxy whilst I gave it a try, and I didn't gel with the scale. Thanks for the offer though, and I'll update the ad to make clear I'm talking long-scale.

[quote name='johnbiffa' timestamp='1347012643' post='1795926']
Good luck with the sale/trade.....pleased you like the video, as you can tell an EB3 is essential for our Cream, Free, Nazareth numbers
[/quote]

Oh aye, it works a treat in the mix - and there's some real tightness in the playing on show.

I think my real issue is that I'm built like an ape!

Hey Guys

This [b][i]was[/i][/b] my bass, really lovely specimen of a bass including all the upgrades Ernie Ball had made on the latest versions, i found this really comfortable to play with the new PU design (now you can anchor down!) and the intonation stayed correct with the new nut for a 34" scale 5 string.
The tone is just . . . well, everything "Musicman Stingray", classic yet modern depending on how you wield it: EQ boosted/cut/off is everything you want in a bass.
Cannot say a bad thing about this bass other than i hadn't a need for the B and a Gibson G3 being offered i couldn't say no ;)

Good luck Gus, although i expect you shouldn't need it.
Potential buyers? check out Gus's feedback, he's a genuine, gentle, giant of a fella and your in for a treat with this bass.

BSB

I've had some kind offers, but not quite on the mark just yet - so don't panic people.

Also, I am conscious that I owe Basschat some pictures of this. I'll have to apologise. The wife has gone galivanting and left me in charge at home - and I'd quite forgotten how time consuming it can all be! :lol:

Afternoon all - apologies, I'd mid-changing jobs, so am a little distracted!

Yes, this is still available for sale and trade.

In terms of BB, I'd be looking 1024/1024x. Naturally, as with all trades, we can balance cash as appropriate if I'm under/overvalued for the trade :)

Also, pics!

• 3 weeks later...