Why become a member? ×

Warwick Dolphin Pro I (5-er)

lowdowner

As music is almost purely emotion, you shouldn't be wanting to justify desiring to play it on a wonderful and inspiring instrument imho. I bought my rickenbacker because I have been dreaming of sounding like Chris Squire for years! It doesn't have to make sense its only human...

[quote name='DiMarco' timestamp='1346785105' post='1793267']
As music is almost purely emotion, you shouldn't be wanting to justify desiring to play it on a wonderful and inspiring instrument imho. I bought my rickenbacker because I have been dreaming of sounding like Chris Squire for years! It doesn't have to make sense its only human...
[/quote]

Right - that's it - I've emailed my local Warwick dealer so if the price is as it should be, the order will happen. I blame you if I end up on the street penniless and starving :(

Haha drama drama drama! ;)

New warwick basses are priced pretty high, lately for some reason prices on them skyrocketed.
As they are niche basses the good thing is on the second hand market prices are much more realistic and steady.

I bought all my Warwicks used, makes me able to sell one and buy another every once in a while without losing too much money.

[quote name='DiMarco' timestamp='1346781907' post='1793193']
I have been on the Warwick forum for a couple of years now and haven't seen anyone else with a five string Pro1 in there besides One fella who owns a broadneck bartolini fit pro1 from 1991. This sounds a lot less growly then the normal five string though... I owned a broadneck fretless dolphin which I flogged a couple of weeks ago.

Here's some eyecandy.

[/quote]

Yeh cos showing him these is going to help his GAS..you're a bad, bad man!!

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1346779016' post='1793129']
Were/ are you the fellow who was in a video for Warwick checking out some basses either at the factory or backstage before a gig, I can't remember which ? It's just that the maple Dolphin rings a bell in my distant memory, and it was a fair-haired British guy from a signed band playing it, I seem to recall.
[/quote]

Ummm...I can remember doing a silly video thing before a gig at the Astoria for MAD Music who were the main UK distributor and artist rep's back then with Glen Diani whose band was headlining that night, but I am sure I didn't have my Dolphin or the Thumb then...I dunno...my memory is a bit fuzzy...maybe. Besides, my Dolphin didn't see much stage time. I had a couple of beaten up and modded Corvette Proline's and a Streamer LX which I mostly played live.

My Dolphin had a dark brown translucent high gloss lacquer finish...does that ring any bells?

[quote name='lowdowner' timestamp='1346791050' post='1793403']
too late.. too late...

I'm doomed to drag my weak and starving body through the streets of england begging for pennies to pay for my GAS caused debts

I'm too weak to resist :sad:
[/quote] you weren't tempted by the one in the forsale section?

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1346886410' post='1794632']
Ummm...I can remember doing a silly video thing before a gig at the Astoria for MAD Music who were the main UK distributor and artist rep's back then with Glen Diani whose band was headlining that night, but I am sure I didn't have my Dolphin or the Thumb then...I dunno...my memory is a bit fuzzy...maybe. Besides, my Dolphin didn't see much stage time. I had a couple of beaten up and modded Corvette Proline's and a Streamer LX which I mostly played live.

My Dolphin had a dark brown translucent high gloss lacquer finish...does that ring any bells?
[/quote]

I think it must have been someone else, because I seem to remember that it was a natural birds eye maple finish on the Dolphin and that the video was done in Germany. The player in question had hair that I would describe as being semi- Boris Johnson in style ( no offense intended if it does in fact turn out to be you after all !) and played in a band that was stylistically similar to Lostprophets or Feeder and that kind of alternative modern rock genre. It sticks in my memory because I had just seen another birds-eye maple Dolphin that was made for the NAMM show , albeit a fretless, in Bass Northwest in Seattle, and I was seriously smitten by the look of both basses.