Why become a member? ×

Local Warwick dealers

Jeverson28

[quote name='Jeverson28' timestamp='1346465503' post='1789651']...If I like the neck and the sound I'll probably buy one second hand ...
[/quote]
Bear in mind that the necks have been quite different over the years, so if you like the neck of a new one, you may not get on with a second-hand one, and vice versa. The sounds are probably more consistent though.

Oops sorry I forgot to check if there were other threads this time! I've never really liked the U shape too much tbh, always preferred the slimmer necks. I guess that's why I get on with Ibanez so well... Still I definitely need to try out a Warwick at some point just to see why everyone loves them so much and whether I would like one :)

If you're a big fan of Ibanez necks you will find even the slimmer Warwick necks feel very unusual to you. They are typically a bit deeper in the hand but they don't feel 'fat' because they're not as broad and rounded as, say, a P-bass or Stingray neck. That said, they're not as skinny and V-like as a Jazz neck either.

Also the woods give them quite a different feel to most basses, especially if you have one with a bare wenge neck. The open grain can feel quite odd when you're used to maple. I like wenge a lot for a neck though: My hands sweat a lot but they don't get either sticky or slick as a result. Maybe the grain wicks the sweat away for me I don't know. :)