Why become a member? ×

GIVE ME OSCILATION!

paulwillson

how do i get some crazy sounds like 3.30ish in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xr9P4MSl80 want something thats obviously not gonna take out my low end :0 ive always read about various oscillators but if someone could direct me to (not that that probably is one) a magic all in 1 stomp box/ rack unit that does all this with an expression pedal that would be awesome. feel free to show me some wierd ones or feel free to sell me yours!

I don't see why that pedal wouldn't suit bass too if that's the effect you're after. Though maybe a good multi FX unit would suit you better (Zoom, Line6 or Boss come to mind)?

Have a read at Pantherairsoft's blog on Effects bassics.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1346135806' post='1785573']Sorry, my bad. You wont get that sound with an effects pedal.
After having another listen, the best thing for you to get that sound at 3:30 is an American Bloke. :P[/quote]

+1. Find an american who can say the word 'Is' for you. That should get you most of the way there.

[quote name='paulwillson' timestamp='1346114782' post='1785547']
really as i had the DD-7 and i really dont think the DD-3. just to make it clear im not after a delay pedal....im after THAT sound at 3.30
[/quote]

think you've got the wrong link chap ;p

Cool effect. Certainly better than the one at 3:30. :P I'd just go for that pedal if that's the sound you want. Going 2nd hand means you wouldn't be wasting money if it ended up not what you want.

INteresting use for a Gramma Pad, but I suppose he is a guitarist & wouldn't have any other use for it. ;)

you can make that sound with just about any delay pedal with an expression pedal. i like my timefactor, i midi it up to my RC50 to tempo sync and then change the synced delay time, so it keeps in time and still produces those weird sounds.
but whilst that effect does have a cool radiohead-ish vibe to it i prefer my ehx flanger hoax for random oscillations.
heres a vidio found on the tubes of it making weird sound by itself. really fun toy, and i got mine fore 125 off the bay inc postage if i remember correctly.
[media]http://youtu.be/KQGK0XdG0To[/media]

• 4 weeks later...